PolyCast Episode 291: "Learn to Share"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
Giving then receiving. The two-hundred-and-ninety-first episode of PolyCast, "Learn to Share", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Stephanie "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with returning guest "SemperFi2382". It carries a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m41s | Forum Talk
Means for canceling deals upon war declaration, the point to friendship (16m13s), getting rid of Settler capture (22m16s) and -- also in Civilization VI -- the best uses of gold income (31m29s).
- 42m07s | Open Mic
In response to parts of Episode 290.
- 47m40s | Research Lab
Expanding a civilization's border through a points system (recorded for Episode 289).

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Full name escapades and subjective sharing.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Gotta listen to 290 first, then will get to this one.

About the new border points thing... I don't believe we need a new resource, but I believe what was observed was the lack of meaningful control to direct culture points to the border expansion you actually want while also acknowledging that border expansion should have a stronger mechanic.

Blatantly obvious is that you should be able to select which tile(s) will be expanded to next. I continue to be flabbergasted that things like this aren't in the game (or V).

But in addition to that, I've always thought being able to buy plots ruined the strategic value of culture. This is one of the many reasons V was so painful and VI is just as bad in that regard. Gold does too much. You should not be able to buy plots for sure. You can currently forgo most everything if you focus on gold which is a shame. Want production, buy it with gold. Want culture, buy it with gold, etc.

Top Bottom