1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

PolyCast Episode 295: "Intersection of Mechanics"

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by DanQ, Dec 2, 2017.

1. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Crossover. The two-hundred-and-ninety-fifth episode of PolyCast, "Intersection of Mechanics", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Stephanie "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and "MadDjinn" with returning guest Jason "MegaBearsFan" Grade. It carries a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m22s | Open Mic
    Listener feedback on one topic in particular from Episode 294 prompts further, extended dialogue.
    - 15m42s | Senate
    Breaking down passive and, in particular, active means of spreading religion in Civilization VI.
    - 24m52s | Research Lab
    What starts as an examination of the suggestion to add Great Athletes to CivVI morphs into something with a different focus, on a greater scale.
    - 32m39s | Forum Talk
    Greater than, less than and equal to: evaluating trade yields in Civilization VI.
    - 37m49s | News
    The availability of the board game Civilization: A New Dawn is fuelled by both a first review and comparison to its immediate predecessor in the space.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
    A major announcement for the show marks a period of transition about to begin.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Uberfrog likes this.
  2. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Warlord

The curse of Firaxis making major announcements just after you record strikes again! :lol:

Sorry to hear you go MadDjinn - it was always nice to hear your take on things. Will have to start watching your non-Civ content...

3. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Keep in mind, this was recorded before the expansion was announced. Maybe it will be interesting enough to make Mad change his mind.

4. MadDjinn

MadDjinn Chieftain

Unlikely, given something something can't talk about...

5. kingchris20

kingchris20 Wisdom Seeker

Resident of Heaven; Currently in the Waiting Room
    I for one just want to express my appreciation to you for all the time you have put in and your amazing insights. While I'm sorry to see you go, I wish you the best in whatever comes next for you!

6. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

At this point, the third certainty in life after death and taxes then?

:p

7. Whiterussian

Whiterussian Chieftain

I would also like to thank MadDjin for all of your effort and your inputs during the last years. Very much appreciated!

8. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

Cashing in on that exclusive deal, huh? :thumbsup:

9. Timothy001

Timothy001 Chieftain

I too will miss MadDjinn. It was during one of his video replays that lead me to CivFanatics, and eventually to Polycast.

10. rastak

rastak Chieftain

Yup, will miss MADD too. I miss his Civ content on Youtube too. Good luck with whatever you do MADD.