PolyCast Episode 299: "It's Not All Roses and Unicorns"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
No refunds. The two-hundred-and-ninety-ninth episode of PolyCast, "It's Not All Roses and Unicorns", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Stephanie "Makahlua" and Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew with returning guests Brian "Drusain" and "Monthar". It carries an extended runtime of 79m17s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 03m05s | News
An in-depth overview and consideration of the various Civilization VI: Rise and Fall features, starting with Loyalty and Empire Management followed by Governors (11m23s), then Alliances (35m38s), the Emergencies (46m46s) and then the combination of Eras with Dedications and Historic Timeline (57m08s); then, shining the spotlight on Scotland to be included as an official civilization for the first time in the series (65m03s).

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Getting up-to-date, and on previews once, twice and thrice.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

I was thinking after the cast "gosh, we really got through a lot, I wonder how Dan's going to cut it to 60 minutes" and I guess the answer was, long podcast, woo!

This was fun, looking forward to the next post-expansion polycast

Thank you for listening and the kind words bite, rastak.

I was thinking after the cast "gosh, we really got through a lot, I wonder how Dan's going to cut it to 60 minutes" and I guess the answer was, long podcast, woo!
:D -- definitely a warranted exception with respect to runtime in this case! Hope you enjoyed the listen too.

Cool, something to listen to while at gym. (Yeah I love listening to Polycast while excercising or when on bus for work!)

Nice to hear some final thoughts before getting my grubby mitts on the expansion itself. Looking forward to next fortnight's 300th Episode Expansion Extravaganza, and your hands-on opinions!

The correct phrase is "It's not all Rainbows and Unicorns".

Great episode.

The correct phrase is "It's not all Rainbows and Unicorns".
I purposefully went for a variation on this phrase, both on the episode itself and in choosing it as the title: to make it stand out! (Hopefully in a good way. :D)

Great episode.
Cool, something to listen to while at gym. (Yeah I love listening to Polycast while excercising or when on bus for work!)
Nice to hear some final thoughts before getting my grubby mitts on the expansion itself.
Thank you kindly to all. :)

Looking forward to next fortnight's 300th Episode Expansion Extravaganza, and your hands-on opinions!
:king:

I purposefully went for a variation on this phrase, both on the episode itself and in choosing it as the title: to make it stand out! (Hopefully in a good way. :D)

I can respect that. I often use variations, but I'd rather not get banned from CFC for giving an example.:mischief:

BTW, did I hear a rumour that you can no longer buy units with faith? :eek:

Top Bottom