1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PolyCast Episode 320: "Random Other Stuff"

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by DanQ, Oct 14, 2018.

1. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Mishmash. The three hundred-and-twentieth episode of PolyCast, "Random Other Stuff", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick, Stephanie "Makahlua", Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew and Jason "MegaBearsFan" Grade with first-time guest Laura "WillowBrook". It carries a runtime of 59m59s.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m34s | Forum Talk
    Taking in the suggestion that only building Warriors is the way to go at the outset of a Civilization VI game, responding to the assertion that Appeal is "irrelevant" (11m03s) and pushing back on how Unique Improvements are destroyed upon capture (17m20s); then, proposing a meshing of Era Score, Alliances and shared victories (24m33s; recorded for Episode 308) and dozens of pages and tens of thousands of pageviews later: "all quiet" on the Civ front... or is it? (28m30s)
    - 30m21s | Theatre
    Past peaceful expansion for present conquest and declaring war on one's self in an Emergency clash?
    - 41m50s | Open Mic
    Asks "etsharry" during a live recording of the show: "[do] you guys mind[,] and I think I heard before you do[,] if there was even more micro/speed required in Civ to be a good player" (recorded for Episode 319).
    - 46m00s | News
    First the iPad, and now the iPhone: Civilization VI arrives on the cellular mobile platform.

- Intro/Outro | Assorted
    Breaking the ice and cause for hesitation.

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding, TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

Uberfrog likes this.
  2. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

You do a really nice job of making us sound good, Dan!

I noticed that you managed to cut out our (deliberate or inadvertent) insults of various geographic locations - good audience loss prevention. :p

Thanks again for the opportunity to be on the show!

shaglio and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  3. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

:king: -- thank you kindly.

:D

You are welcome. We enjoyed your participation and hopefully at some point again in the future. :cool:

4. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Those weren't real countries anyway.

5. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

Oh right upgraded units get a promotion. I almost never remember this.

6. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Warlord

I think you all did a superb job with or without the stellar editing! An entertaining episode, and it’s always nice to put a voice to a forum regular!

WillowBrook likes this.
  7. DanQ

DanQ Chieftain

Thank you kindly. :)