1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PolyCast episode 363: No Room for Gandhi

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by megabearsfan, Jun 14, 2020.

1. megabearsfan

megabearsfan Prince

The three hundred-and-sixty-thirdepisode of PolyCast, “No Room for Gandhi“ is now available for streaming on polycast.civfanatics.com. This episode features regular co-hosts CanusAlbinus, Stephanie “Makahlua”, Phil "TheMeInTeam", and Jason “MegaBearsFan” Grade. Topics for this episode include:

Forum Talk
    - 00h01m30s | How Video Games Consistently Fail Gandhi
    - 00h17m31s | How Do People Feel About Alliances?
    - 00h38m14s | Lahore / Nihang More OP Than Gran Colombia?

PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production recording live every other Saturday at 12 Noon US Eastern Time throughout the year, in an ongoing effort to give the Civilization community an interactive voice; sibling show ModCast focuses on Civ modding.

2. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

Thanks guys, great podcast again.

As for the Lahore/Nihann discussion, thx for choosing the subject. Basically, it was pretty much agreed in the thread that the title of the thread was probably overly dramatic ;-)

the principal point to keep in mind here is that, in the hand of a basically domination civ, you will, at a certain time, get a lot of faith coming in even if you don't personally build the faith buildings yourself...you'll conquer them. So, while early game nihang is good, the faith cost keeps them in check. But industrial and later nihang, combined with a civ like Gran Columbia, you can actually buy a 55-70 unit every turn. Then you can corp and army them. All for 200 faith a pop. I had 105 AS nihang by the end of the game, which I won by TOTAL domination at turn 197 on huge map. And I had over 30 army of them.

My argument is that the cost of the unit should increase, otherwise they unbalance the game ina major way. Maybe the cost should scale directly with the level of the nihang produced (linked to encampment building constructed).

Still, we all understand that it's very niche since there's no garantee that specific CS will be in your game. but anything that unbalanced should have a check introduced IMHO.

thanks again !

yung.carl.jung likes this.