Polytheism Founds a Random Religion

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by g.neuman, Jun 5, 2010.

1. g.neuman

g.neuman Far Out Space Nut

Weird problem: In my current game, polytheism seems to found a random religion. I searched the forums for any previous threads about this, but wasn't able to find any.

I am playing BTS with the latest patch (just installed it tonight, 05June2010). The "choose religion" option is not turned on. I have no mods installed. No civ in the game has a state religion. I used worldbuilder to modify the starting location of each civ and change some terrain (I'm picky about my terra maps looking at least somewhat like the real Earth) but nothing more.

When any civilization discovers polytheism, they found a random religion instead of Hinduism. I've replayed it three times: the first time it founded Judaism, the second time Islam, and the third time Christianity. This does not happen with any of the other tech-religion combinations as far as I know; meditation founds Buddhism as it should, and monotheism founds Judaism as it should.

If anyone has encountered something like this before and/or has any advice, I'd really appreciate your input.

2. g.neuman

g.neuman Far Out Space Nut

Heh. Never mind! Dumb user error.

Always double-check the barbarian villages you create to make sure you didn't accidentally assign one of them a religion. Hinduism, perhaps.

3. kochman

kochman Deity

Wow, was that some sort of internet ejaculation?

4. cherrysnowdrop

cherrysnowdrop Chieftain

But if there is already Hinduism then why is a religion founded when someone researches Polytheism?