pondering making a warhammerish scenario

dugfromthearth

Warlord
I would use the warhammer mod as the base but probably change it beyond recognition.

The scenario: a dwarf mountain stronghold fell long ago to the goblins, skaven, and trolls. The dwarves are coming to take it back.

Civs: Dwarves (the player), and 4 goblin civs (identical). Dwarves are locked at war with 4 goblin civs. It is not alliance victory so goblins are not allies as such. Skaven are the barbarians. Trolls are placed and immobile at start of game to guard key locations.

Map: Dwarves start with "island" with city and city at edge of lake. City has access to lots of resources and luxuries. Dwarves need to keep contact with that city so their other cities can produce good units. Dwarves need to build a road from their city on the edge of the lake to the mountains. In the mountains they need to take control of the lost city site which has a resource. They then need to build a wonder which requires that resource be in city radius.

Make mountains farmable. But only dwarven workers can go into mountains. So if dwarves make farms and mines in mountains the goblins can use them. But they can't make their own. (Goblins can build cities in mountains). So dwarves have a natural stronghold in the mountains where the goblins shouldn't develop but the dwarves have to defend it and keep it linked to their coastal city for resources.

Rough idea. Anyone see any major flaws or things I should include?

There are enough good skaven units to make them a complete civ, so why limit them to just 2 units?

Yes, but the new patch thats coming will have the new skaven civ. Adding units and a new civ isn't very hard just a little extra time.

I really like the look of this, mostly because it is different to all the other senario ideas go around however I think the others are right, you should wait untill the next patch first :)

I would like to wait for the next patch. Any idea when it comes out?

And yes the goblins could farm the mountains if they could get to them by road. That's part of the plot. The dwarves have a big mountain area. The mountains have resources. Plus the dwarves can mine them for production or farm them for food. But every road the dwarves build provides potential access for their enemies. The regular goblins can attack the mountains anyway, but with roads they can do improvements.

One issue is whether to allow cities built in the mountains or just put in hills for city locations. I'm thinking of letting build in mountains.

It kinda depends on how much freedom you want to give the player and AI, if you have hills, then you will limit where you can build cities more, but you will know the production, science and food each city has the potential to generate and could them probably balance it much better and easier

Top Bottom