1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Poorly aliens

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by mazz0, Nov 8, 2014.

1. mazz0

mazz0 Chieftain

Does anyone else come across injured aliens out and about, and wish they could heal them up?

2. EsnesNommoc

EsnesNommoc Chieftain

3. Rakshasa72

Rakshasa72 Warlord

I usually just put them out of their misery.

This is speaking as a player that normally likes to peace the aliens. I'm perfectly happy to let them roam around my lands normally.

4. kingsbury

kingsbury Warlord

I saw "Starship Troopers" when I was 11 in theaters. The aliens know what they did.

5. Fabio1701

Fabio1701 King

:lol:

I would love to see more arachnid style aliens in CBe. I find what we have is a bit too cute. Yes, they are kind Zerg looking, but th only ones that really made my look twice was the siege worm and the kraken thing.

I assumed that the aliens helped by just hanging around in the miasma. To make tHem a little bit more of a thread they should be able to heal in miasma even if they moved. At the moment it's just no threatening enough, especially in the end game.

6. Magma_Dragoon

Magma_Dragoon Reploid

I want to be the very best, like noone ever was~~

7. MechMedic130

MechMedic130 Warlord

Aliens annoy me. In my current game one is just sitting on a resource pod so my explorer can't get it. I responded by wiping out three alien nests I had previously been ignoring and it still won't move. Now a siege worm is coming towards my capitol also. Need to create a scumbag alien meme.

8. bladex

bladex Emperor

hunt it down and finish it off :borg:

9. bhavv

bhavv Glorious World Dictator

Well just go purity & might and destroy them all.

10. bladex

bladex Emperor

edit your globaldefines.xml and look for this line

ALIEN_SPAWN_COLOSSAL_START_TURN_MIN">
    <Value>20</Value>

change value to 9999

the worms will never appear again. pretty much tells the game not to spawn worms until 9999 turns! :D

11. Magma_Dragoon

Magma_Dragoon Reploid

I haven't had a game yet where aliens posed a threat. I leave them alone and buy a nest tile and wait.

12. MechMedic130

MechMedic130 Warlord

Yeah that's pretty much my preferred play style thus far. This is a Purity game (founded a second city that had one 10 Floatstone and one 6 Floatstone within 2 tiles of it!) but I typically wait a little while to go Might since I don't do early war mongering. For the moment I pretty much just gotta take the worm but I'll get him later.

13. Paradigne

Paradigne Emperor

If you REALLY felt bad, you would launch a miasma satellite in there area to heal them :cooool:

14. spider1

spider1 Prince

The problem with the damn aliens is your internal trade routes. Those damn routes don't follow roads, they follow manesa free land in a route they make up. Presumable the shortest to it's destination I suppose. So you have to keep your trade routes clear of aliens or clean up the manisa from your lands.

Sometimes I've just stationed explorers on a tile or two if that is all that's necessary. With level 1 protection the aliens won't attack your explorers no matter what color the aliens are, even pissed off and red.

15. Fabio1701

Fabio1701 King

there is also that quest thing which allows you to make your trade routs imune to aliens. reverse the polarity or something.

16. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Never felt that way. Alien bugs must be extinguished.

17. Callonia

Callonia Deity

I looked at an angry red siege worm.

I told my explorer to protect the colony as it gets established.

Siege worm run circles around it in impotent fury.

Colony successfully gets established thanks to explorer bodyguard.

I purchase bugfree fences and boot the siege worm away.

Siege worm leaves in a sad whimper.

18. bladex

bladex Emperor

i don't see siege worms anymore good riddance too :p
    if you see a bug hole...NUKE IT!

19. Arabes

Arabes Chieftain

I built a reserve for mine. Had several alien nests and the last siege worm on the planet. And I blocked off all the entry points to stop my allies killing them. I even had two krakens sitting off the coast just hanging out and not really moving. I felt like a proper harmony player until I build the Mind Flower and they all went completely mental :) Poor old Squiggles the Siege Worm, we'll never see his like again.

20. Fabio1701

Fabio1701 King

that sounds very cool! there should be an in game way you can breed and domesticate them. especially the krakens and siegworms. maybe in an expansion?