pop size can't exceed 6 ??

ravenone

Warlord
okay, I can't figure out why the majority of my cities and the computer cities will not grow above population 6. Everytime anyones cities grow to 7, a immigrant is popped out and the size drops down to 6. There is no place for the immigrants to go and settle, so they just disappear.

Very frustrating to be in 1734AD with lots of techs, lots of happy and health and I can't get a city size above 6.

Ideas how to fix this, or do I need to wait for a bug fix?

it is that problem of immigration mod ... it is stupid ... in my country are driving more than 10 immigrants around ... ans most of my so called low level 6er towns have all buildings already ... so the formula that MOD is using is "stupid" ... maybe to deactivate that IMMIGRATION MOD ... which is it and how we could do it ?

THANK YOU

I agree there is something buggy with the immigration mod. I have all buildings in my cities (especially since one of the "6'ers" is my capital) but still they are stuck at 6. Its strange that I have 2 out of my 12 cities that are growing with no problems, but the rest are just stangnant (even with excess food).

I too would like to know how to turn off the imm mod.

p.s. something is also hosed with the spy'ing. I have a 10K+ spy point lead over a computer player, yet I can't see their researching (even though it says I only need ~678 point advantage to see research). I do like the spy promotions though! :)

it is that problem of immigration mod ... it is stupid ... in my country are driving more than 10 immigrants around ... ans most of my so called low level 6er towns have all buildings already ... so the formula that MOD is using is "stupid" ... maybe to deactivate that IMMIGRATION MOD ... which is it and how we could do it ?

THANK YOU

You do not have to play with Immigration on, turn it off in the main mlf by setting it to <bload>0<bload>

I feel the need to echo that this is a definite issue. While it seems like a fun idea, something is making it malfunction, badly. If it were happening, as the civilopedia suggests, when something is drastically wrong with a city, then it would be good. If it were tied to the Revolution mod, even better. As it stands, though? If this mod is "working as intended", then it needs to be removed. Otherwise, it needs to be looked at, and fixed. I mean, really. When you can't exceed a pop of 9 (and can barely get there in the first place, and can't maintain it for more than a couple turns), and your city is growing every two turns, and you have 17 happy faces, there is something seriously wrong somewhere.

I feel the need to echo that this is a definite issue. While it seems like a fun idea, something is making it malfunction, badly. If it were happening, as the civilopedia suggests, when something is drastically wrong with a city, then it would be good. If it were tied to the Revolution mod, even better. As it stands, though? If this mod is "working as intended", then it needs to be removed. Otherwise, it needs to be looked at, and fixed. I mean, really. When you can't exceed a pop of 9 (and can barely get there in the first place, and can't maintain it for more than a couple turns), and your city is growing every two turns, and you have 17 happy faces, there is something seriously wrong somewhere.

Have you tried turning off the Immigrants mod via the MLF? Go to WoC/Assets/Modules, open up the main MLF. Scrool to Immigrants mod and change <bLoad>1<bLoad> to <bLoad>0<bLoad>. That will turn off Immigrants mod. Try that and let me know how it goes.

First thanks Woc team, this is the mod I chose to play after trying about 4 which, unfortunately, were too buggy to at least play =/ I'm really having a very nice time playing Woc, but came here to look after exactly this issue..

I think I don't have to repeat all again because I'm experiencing exactly the same symptoms from above (lots of 6'ers, one or two random ones had transcendental growths to 12's etc) and, although burning down emmingrant rebel towns is fun and good for experience, it's really frustrating to see a city with 14 food to spare at 6 forever, expelling an immigrant at every single turn post its growing (maybe this is some bug signal? it seems like a miscoded check in there, I can't know I never opened any civ4 script..)

Anyways, besides this mess of a text I wrote (not my lnguage sorry) I'll try to disable this module like you said rockinroger but, like Dreamshifter very well spoke, if this could be fixed, and not just excluded, would be very nice, because it's a wonderful idea =] thanks again

@rockinroger
Just to report, turning it off through the MLF didn't go, my saved game doesn't load, while the game tries to load it just closes the game without any message or error, it just closes and go back to desktop. Turning it on again ("<bLoad>1<bLoad>") made the game load normally.

Ok thanks for pointing that out mamba, "´ll try to play as it is now then for a while because it's a great game even with all these stagnant citiies. Just one question, since I didn't see much of any other civ on this game I'm playing I can't tell (and I definetely won't ruin it by entering Worldbuilder) but does this Immigration Mod works exactly the same way for AI civs?

In my current game at 1860 i have, about 60 cities of those about 30 of them have populations over 7. Other civs also seem to have about half of them over 6 also. It really means you have to micromanage cities more. I agree it might need reduced some though. See screen shots.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 267
  • Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 208
Ok I agree with the micromanagement need and all but I don't get why I have almost exactly same features, buildings, health/happiness levels in 2 cities and one is at 12 and the other stuck at 6, growing at each 2 turns and then emmigrating its population right after. Every turn I have 3-4 same messages "xxxxxx is growing to 7 next turn/xxxx has grown to size 7".

Sorry if I'm sounding repetitive, I really like the immigration feature, but I want to understand why some grow and others don't, they have the same stuff, sometimes even more better conditions, but it just won't pass 6/7, ever (sometimes it gets 8 because it's so desperately full of food, but then loses 2 pop to immigration).

Do you know if it's something about number of cities, total population by civ, something like that? Since in your game the "ratio" for player and AI cities is something like 1/2 of them have past 6 (I know this isn't the condition to grow, just looking for some pattern here) do you think there's some relation to this? Because, really, I can't find any on mine, feels almost like lottery =|

(thanks for all anyway)

Ill try to get Faichele to answer that hes the main programmer, i know he has it set to several variables via sdk, if your inclined look in the sdk with a good search program like Sadman Search for Immigrants. When he gets back today Ill ask for more in depth of whats going on.

thanks roger, I'm a programmer myself but in a way different ambient so when I saw cpp files I didn't go much further. I did a search for 'immig' yesterday and found some files, I'll see if I find something too.

Ah I might of found something, I think the lower limit is set here in CvCity.cpp,
Code:
CvPlayer& pImmigrantOwner = dynamic_cast<CvPlayer&>(GET_PLAYER(eImmigrantOwner));

int iPopulationLimit = GC.getDefineINT("IMMIGRANTS_LOWER_POPULATION_LIMIT");
	if (iPopulationLimit <= 0)
		iPopulationLimit = 5;

int iSpawnDenominator = 0;
	for (int i = 0; i < iHowMany; i++)

So me being a novice C++ programmer it looks like if we raised that number 5 to a higher number we would get less immigrants. What do you the players think would be better? 8,9.......?

Heres a couple screen shots of my current game in year 1894. I do notice that about 75-80% of my cties is above size 6. I do know that Aqueducts help grow cities. Interesting thing I see is that large cities have food in green color, now to figure out what that means,lol.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 183
  • Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 149
hm this 5 there seems more like a "safe check" in case the IMMIGRANTS_LOWER_POPULATION_LIMIT comes 0 or below that, which normally isn't the case (I suppose).

If the aim is to change this minimum I think the change should be done to this constant IMMIGRANTS_LOWER_POPULATION_LIMIT that should be somewhere on these files. It's a good change but I still think the main change should be at why it decides to lock the pop at this constant.

Again let me reiterate that Im just a novice c++ programmer, i can follow what he is doing but dont know how to adjust things, Faichele is a professional programmer, i mostly stick to XML. Im not trying to sound lame. I agree though that there shouldnt be so many Immigrants running around. Ok back to bringing in Terraforming.

ops Roger I didn't mean to say that, when I pointed that I was just supposing too. Not only it isn't my code I'm very rusty on C++ too, so just wandering myself =P too bad we have to recompile the dll and restart a game and everything to see the results, it's better see what Faichele has to say about this like you said =]

Top Bottom