Pope likens "saving" gays to saving the rainforest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate the religion, not the religious. Maybe in time they can be saved.
I say destroy the religion, and then let the religious save themselves.

I say destroy both and leave only the atheists.
So the world will only be inhabited by brain-infested demons that does poorly on saving themselves? I think not!

I take (a modest amount of) pride in the fact that I studied at the university Ratzinger fled from because of the liberal students ;) What a moron and extended back!

So, someone wants to say it isn't?
:rolleyes:

it IS different, but those words make it sound negative instead of neutral, so I will disagree with the message carried by the connotation of those words.

I think it's a wonderful thing that Benedict XVI. is doing something to fight one of the plagues that aim to destroy christianity. I hope his efforts will continue.

Hey nice to know you are supporting the shooting of me in the head. Ill remenber that with your other anti-muslim, anti-jew, hate loving traits.

I know that homosexuality isnt a major strong point in the Catholic faith, but in the face of a changing world, could they at least downplay something this controvesial? I dont mean like change their beliefs that gays=evil. But like talk less about it and focus on more changeble things like Torture, child workers and soldiers, religious tensions...

I mean arent there other pressing problems for the church?

If by any chance tons of oil gets discovered underneath of the Vatican Building, does that give America the right to give the Vatican citizens "Freedom" by invading and getting rid of the "absolute Monarchy"?

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Benedict said on Monday that saving humanity from homosexual or transsexual behavior was just as important as saving the rainforest from destruction.

Well, if the damn priests are so keen on that they could start by dropping the skirts and having sex with women instead of the choir boys...

Any Comments?

Why yes! I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm gay, I'm Catholic, and I understand, maybe even agree, with what Benedict is saying. Sex is isn't just an game, the penis/vagina isn't a toy- it exists to reproduce, and everything else is just... 'going along for the ride', I guess. Homosexual acts, what with the fact that they could never be anything more than entertainment, defeats the purpose of sex. It's an abnormality, like pedophilia the only difference is that homosexuality can be practiced without doing harm to children.
Don't go thinking that Homoseuxality is OK because God created it, it's natural, gays can't help their urges. That's not completely true. IThere are many theories on the causes of homosexuality, but what (most) of them are sure of is that nobody is born gay, or strait, or anything like that. Sexual Orientation develops years later. it may very well be that homosexuality is a social construct (there's a very interesting theory that argues that people become gay because, when they were younger, they had a small sexual attraction to someone of their own sex, and unconsciously thought 'I must be gay', which intensified their homosexual urges, until they really were gay!).
And the 'urges' argument is certainly hypocritical - after all, the pedophiles and necrophiles and coprophiles can't control their urges, either - and yet a pedophile is a synonym for child molester, and these are all mental disorders. Personally I think it would be better to classify all non-hetero orientations as 'sexual anormalities'.
Of course, I don't actually put any of these ideas into practice, what with me being a hypocrite and all. Just don't go thinking that il Pape is some bigoted evil nutjob who's burning gays for being the spawn of Satan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom