1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

popular uprisng facing firaxis

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by ArataWata11, Feb 28, 2011.

1. ArataWata11

ArataWata11 Chieftain

In view of todays popular uprising happening now in defferent part of the world especially the middle east. the veteran civ citizens finally decided and peaceably to assemble and petition the firaxis for redress of greavances. :D

the veteran civ citizens demand the following:

1. removal of jon shafer for his flagrant violation of civ citizen time honor tradition. this already moot. :mischief:
    2. jon shafer perfetual disqualification from holding any position, let alone holding lead designer of upcoming CiV expansion. already moot :mischief:
    3. removal of all jon shafer trace of legacy on CiV execept hexis some civ citizen may agree with me;) :nuke:
    4. Free DLC to reconpense the veteran civ citizens who suffered untold moral shock and violation of civ tradition. :lol:
    5. unequivocal schedule date for the release of upcoming patch :goodjob:
    6. the last and certainly not the least, giving some kind of enticement for the veteran civ citizens to remain steadfast and let not allowed themselves to be tempted and migrate to other strategy game. since CA shogun 2 is coming this march. I must admit, I myself already considering such option. :eek:

this demand should be met on or before feb. 28 2011* midnight US time, otherwise the firaxis will only to be blamed for dare consequences of losing its avid veteran civ citizens forever*
    We call on all civ citizens including the old and the young to sign and subscribe to this petition as this is for the seek of the entire civ nation, for their benefit and welfare. :king:

notice: * negotiable.

2. Polish

Polish Warlord

It is a game. Get over it.

As a matter of fact, many of us think it is a pretty good game.

3. noncognosco

noncognosco Warlord

I understand that this post is intended to be humorous and I am not trying to be pedantic here. But: I think it is a little offensive to those who are genuinely suffering under an oppressive system of government to compare their uprising to your unhappiness with the state of a video game. I won't go into detail as that would be silly. Like I said, I know that your post was not intended to draw a serious parallel between yourself and a citizen of (for instance) Libya. Just think about it.

4. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

You tell em'!

5. RABicle

RABicle Chieftain

I'd take you seriously OP if you didn't make it sucha personal thing. "Oh that Jon Shafer!" Do you seriously think every design decision wasn't agreed upon by a team of thinkers?

I still prefer CivIV BtS but that game has years of extra work done to it to reach that state, CivIVanilla, out of the box wasn't that impressive, we only accepted it because CivIII was made worse by it's expansions. CiV needs work sure, AI, multiplayer and overall balance are still terrible but there is a lot of good going for it. Combat is excellent and I love the hexes. Is it dumb and unrealistic that archers are firing over miles of land hitting targets in other countries? Yes, but it's also fun.

It will be a good game, one day.

6. peacenik

peacenik Chieftain

I believe the next good Civ game will be Civ 6, if it ever gets built. I fear Civ 5 will kill the series if Firaxis doesn't cut their losses and try again from scratch. Meantime, I will hope for the best and stick with Civ4BTS.