Popular/useful mods for a noob?

skalapunk

Chieftain
Hi all. I'm a big fan of mods to have a better game experience.

I"m mainly interested in interface mods that provide more information (or better information. In particular, BTS, because I'm pretty confused with the new espionage and corporation systems0

I'm also interested in any mods that increase the graphical quality of the game (though the game looks great as is!) such as ground textures, etc.

I just can't seem to find a list anywhere of such mods in the creation forums. They must be buried deep in the pages.

So if you guys could share a list of any mods the community as a whole knows about and finds useful, please let me know!

(For example in World of Warcraft, everyone and their dog knew about CT Raid or outfitter)

Thanks for your time!

The BUG Mod : everything you always wanted to know about your civ right there on the screen. Take the BAT mod if you want ethnical diversity and a billion others things with it. It doesn't modify the gameplay, and you won't go back, ever. Really great mod, and that comes from someone who doesn't like mods.

Blue Marble: more realistic textures for the terrain and some other stuff. I use only the terrains, but it's great.

These two really enhance the game's experience IMHO. They're really simple to install and to configure, really neat work.

Screenies :

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Those are exactly the kind of thing i was looking for!

No, it's a complementary project. The BUG mod changes only your interface, giving you more informations. The BAT mod is the BUG Mod with several graphics mods who add ethnic diversity, differents flags, different ship scale and overall graphic ameliorations without adding units or changing gameplay. Very cool stuff, great work.

Check my precedent post, I've added screenshots from my current game. :)

Awesome, I REALLY appreciate it :)

Can you do me one last favor and direct link me to the BAT mod?

Literally searching "BAT MOD" in the search field yielded no results :(

Welcome to CFC!

Popular Mods include Fall from Heaven (must-have) and the Mediterranean World. Also check out Gaius Octavius's WWII in the Pacific. It is phenomenal. Simply search for these in the Downloads Database to, well, download them. Instructions will normally be posted in the mod's page.

Yeah, that Wolfshanze Mod sounds cool! :groucho:

I'm waiting a bit before getting BTS, so are there any worthwhile mods for Vanilla out there? Interface Mods, especially ones that may be more historically correct s far as flags and such, and scenarios, especially WWII oriented.

Wow. Wolfshanze! How's things at PacGen?

*I am also known as boc61 btw*
Quiet... which is why I've been moding Civ4.

If you liked my PacGen work, try my Civ4 work (see sig).

Well you're familiar with my work, so that should be reason-enough to get BtS... :groucho:

Top Bottom