Population Dis: 160 and rising, but...

smusebaer

Warlord
In my last game I played the infernal , and raised the population in Dis with the souls you get by destroying citys, and the city needs no food, and doesn´t get unhappy, but now I had quiet a few upraisings. And I don´t know why.

Did you have an uprising in Dis or in a captured city? I believe that only citys that you found are immune to unhappiness, although all of them are immune to food shortage causing pop loss.

Adding a building that eliminated unhappiness (Unyielding Order, at least) stop revolts, but just having a building (in this case, Demonic Citizens, which also eliminates unhealthiness; the Fallow trait is what eliminates the need for food) in a city does not prevent revolts. There can be many causes of revolts other than the vanilla ways of conquest and culture, mostly through random events. In this case though, I suspect it might have to to do with building Beasts of Agares. These always cause revolts, and kill 4 population.

In my last game, I reduced the Infernals to a single city deep in Clan territory, wiping out their homelands. I then went on a crusading rampage, fighting against a large number of evil-aligned civs. By the time I got to their city it had a population of 274, was getting 30-turn revolts from being completely surrounded by Clan squares, and was guarded by a single unit of Crossbowmen. Wierd day.

Thanks, ist could be the Beasts of Agares. I build some. And it could fit with the upraisings.
No it was Dis... who cares for the other citys? In the other citys they get unhappy, but i think the souls don´t die without food. I didn´t managed the other citys to get running. Ok I didn´t care much, but i had to forge my first ship out of souls, because i didn´t want to wait 100 rounds. Is there a trick for Hyborem?

Oh man... I'm just imagining playing as Calabim and capturing a city that large...

Oh man... I'm just imagining playing as Calabim and capturing a city that large...

After infernal is in game, burn many cities. Thus, to get that 100+ city, you have to burn all those 8-12s that you could have munched and left empty.

Or fight long wars against large, aggressive, evil empires such as the Doviello

After infernal is in game, burn many cities. Thus, to get that 100+ city, you have to burn all those 8-12s that you could have munched and left empty.

Speaking of which, Feasting on Evil cities should really create Manes. Same with Angels and Feasting on Good cities.

The Eater of Dream's ability should probably work the same way, too.

Speaking of which, Feasting on Evil cities should really create Manes. Same with Angels and Feasting on Good cities.

The Eater of Dream's ability should probably work the same way, too.

unless theyre not just killing people, but devouring the souls, hence no soul left to go on to the infernal.

Or fight long wars against large, aggressive, evil empires such as the Doviello

Wars dont cut it, really. For huge boosts to Hyborem, you have to

Burn, baby burn!

:)

Top Bottom