Population Growth

TROOPERBLUE

Chieftain
Reguardless of which faction you choose, I believe the fastest way to grow your population early on is to:
1 - if possible found your first city on top of nutrient resources
2 - if you cant do 1, then any other special resource will work
3 - if you cant do 1 or 2, then near 3 Growth Squares (producing at least 2 food)
4 - if you cant do 1, 2, or 3, then look for a better spot.
5 - Get Centauri Ecology and Build Formers ASAP.
6 - improve Food and Solar Resources around your 1st and 2nd base spots. Target 3 Growth Squares per city. (the rest should be Forest, until you get to Tree Farms)
7 - Build Recycling Tanks and other city improvements ASAP. (if possible)
8 - Get Planatary Networks to switch to a Planned Economy ASAP.
9 - Get your city into a Golden Age at size 3 and get Children's Creche.
10- Complete the Build of your first Colony Pod when your city reaches size 4.
11- Continue producing Colony Pods until Space runs out. Make sure you dont produce them too fast -- Golden Age is a good thing.
12- Also Reseach Wealth, so that your GA cities will be Economically +2 Econ.

These 12 points might work best with Lal because of his happiness bonus, less Luxuries rate required with him. Usually 20-40% lux, I believe.

Also, without being Lal and hitting a "Golden Age" early on.... Democratic + Planned + Children's Creche work just as well, if not better for a population boom. Also, I tried going Farm Crazy with the University, without Golden Age and Democratic with Planned.... that is a good combination, doesnt need Recyling Tanks early on because of boom!, and no lux rate either, just remember to build A) lots of Formers and B) Recreation Commons after the Childrens Creche. Then Colony Pods. The city doesnt even need to be at size 3.

Top Bottom