Civ 6 Portugal Civilization  (Not compatible with official Portugal Pack DLC) + Lusitânia

Civ 6 Portugal Civilization (Not compatible with official Portugal Pack DLC) + Lusitânia v32.00Beta

Apparently, so.

Windows 10, same as earlier. Were the logs no help? :confused: I've ran through every single one to try to find pertinent stuff.

I'll test some more things to see if I can isolate the problem further

It's definitely a mod problem. The GP tab opens fine in the game if I run it without your mod.

If I can replicate same problem will be helpful, but today I tested earlier without a problem...First think I did was to open that screen and all fine as always, but I did not tested in windows 10, will try that later.

I asked your operating system again, because I integrate Real Great People mod and at Steam of that mod someone saying that cant open the GP tab also, and is using Linux.

Can you try Real Great People mod (only this one) to see if same problem occurs? If so, can you tell windows 10 version and directx?

Thanks for all feedback so far!

I just tried with just RGP mod. You were correct, the problem stems from it.

PS: To be precise, once again I used the "Play Now" button so I'd pick an unbiased civ (it picked Ghengis Khan) and upon finally entering the first turn, the GP button wouldn't open anything despite numerous clickings. I'm guessing that if I waited 170 turns for my first claim like in my playthrough in your mod, the button that pops up where "End Turn" usually is would also not work.

I'm operating Windows 10 Home, 64 bits, and using Direct X 11, I believe.

Last edited:
But the strange thing is that you said you could open GP screen in previous versions, any updates in your game since that? Also can you retry some older version of my mod that you know for sure GP screen worked?

Your game is fully updated by Steam? You can also find problems in files of your game, also in Steam.

Not really, still using the same version (262) . Also, if my test is correct, the problem isn't really of your mod, but rather the Real Great People mod. Did you include a newer version of it in your mod since then?

The game is intact, Im pretty sure. The problem disappears if I play in Vanilla.

But when you open Steam to play game it should install some patches automatically, its your case? or you play offline? or other case.

I updated not so long after InFixo updated and since then no problems, somewhere in feb, v16.3

Been playing offline, but still pretty sure that the game is up to date. It's the same version that was working with your earlier mod versions, back then I could open GP just fine.

Dang, I'm not sure what the problem is, then. Everything seems to point that my game has an issue with the Real Great Persons mod for some reason.

Everything seems updated to me. Version 1.0.0.262 and files verified. Sigh, this is annoying, it was working fine when using earlier versions of your mod. I'll try to install an earlier one to see if it works.

Update: Pulled an earlier version of your mod (19.1) that I had in storage and tried it out. Same problem. I'm starting to think it might be a OS issue since the only difference left I can think of is that I'm playing on a different computer now. Are you sure Windows 10 Home edition doesn't replicate this problem in your end? I'll try making sure my Direct X is up to date.

Last edited:
Okay, it seems that neither Direct X or Distributables are the problem, they're both installed and solved nothing. In addition, I looked into the Civilipedia entries, and just discovered that all the pages for all the Great People are completely empty!

:undecide: So it seems for some reason the mod isn't reading their information. This might be the key to figuring out what's the problem.

PS: To be specific, all the GPs are listed and classified. It's their info pages and effects that are all completely blank.

As you can see, it won't even read the Vanilla GPs, so something's gotta be blocking them all. And if there's no info on them for the game to read, it explains why I can't open the tab to select one to claim and why my game can't advance anywhere.

In addition, the vanilla GP files are intact. Not only I have already verified everything and made sure everything is up to date (again, version 262), but they can be read just fine if I play vanilla, so it's definitely something about the RGP mod that is blocking itself out on my PC.

Attachments

• debug.png
    debug.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Does the Real Great People mod have issues with playing with higher graphic settings? Cause this is another thing I've been doing differently.

Alright, I reinstalled the game, added it as an exception to all my firewalls (Windows Defender and Avast), made sure it was intact and tested with turning your mod on and off.

Results are the same; game works perfectly fine, but all the Civilopedia entries on Great People are all empty and the Great People tab won't open. (so when the first claim comes along and I'm forced to pick it, I can't advance the game). The same happens if I turn off your mod and use only the original Real Great People mod. Without any mod, the game loads the Great People data correctly and fully.

None of your files seems to be the source of the problem. It all seems to be the fault of the RGP mod. I don't understand why it's entering in conflict with my new computer, though.

Do you want any extra info? Specs, OS, logs? At this point I'm pulling my hair at this and would be willing to send you my entire log file. Let me know how I can help you help me. :undecide:

PS: I will update all my drivers to cross out this possibilty, just to be sure.

Update: Not a driver problem, everything is up to date. Also checked the Real Great People mod and, yeah, seems people with Linux are having the exact same problem. I don't know what Windows 10 Home edition has in common with it, though, lol

Last edited:
I've decided to take the matter to the RGP mod thread itself since the problem clearly stems from there. Hopefully they can advise me on it, since this is blocking the game not only for anyone using their mod, but also anyone using your mod.

Top Bottom