Civ 6 Portugal Civilization  (Not compatible with official Portugal Pack DLC) + Lusitânia

Civ 6 Portugal Civilization (Not compatible with official Portugal Pack DLC) + Lusitânia v32.00Beta

Hi I have been enjoying playing as Portugal but wonder if you will be updating the file. Would love to have the graphics updated for Portuguese leader and also think both Portuguese ships should be updated to enlightened or modern ships.

Obrigado

Next, I will try to get even more of Portugal Sea Power they had at at the time, giving more balance to the game. Explaining my choices:

Leaders:
João II, the architect of sea exploration, took his uncle Henry the Navigator knowledge and built fleets to the discovery and trade with the new world. He divided the world in two! The Golden age of Portugal starter.

Afonso de Albuquerque, generates more controversy , but did you know at the time too? Everybody was against him, but he was the right person after all, a great military general, great admiral of sea, great governor, great merchant, you name it. He was named by all the Lion of Seas. He was appointed to be india´s 2nd vice roy, when he got there, the first vice-roy arrested him! When he was released you think he go to get his vendetta? no way, a man with principles, when he finally got the title he imposed his way, many times against Manuel I will, Manuel I even wanted him out later, then he discovered that all Afonso did was for the best interests of the crown. He was a ferocious in battle but then in land, there are rapes right? he said immediately you touch you marry, for this and other many examples he was also a great governor, his enemies respected him. After him no vice-roy to make a good mention of. So I think he is right on game, if they didn´t restrained him so much he would even be greater.
He had a Nau of election, flor do mar (flower of the Sea), that I will add in game.

Flor do Mar, unlock at Exploration Civic, and was a nau of war and commerce, could carry a lot of cargo and was a reason of the ship sink, to many battles and to much cargo it sunk, but even then Afonso, took part of it, made a raft to get the next post safety. Never was alone, another Naus were hand to hand, to full power.
I will maintain Nau, unlocking at Naval Tradition Civic, Portuguese assembled this special ship, the space ship of that times, to get anywhere they want and even bring rich things with them.
But there´s more to Nau, Portuguese also trade with Japan, a special country, with special needs and demands, and they called Portuguese boats the black ships, we called them Nau do Trato (Nau of the agreement), that was a very well defined and close envoy, always proceeding in same way, unlocks at Mercantilism Civic. This Envoy was practically indestructible, this until will behave like a trader in sea and will be immune to plunder.
As for the Caravel, I will substitute with Caravela de Descobrir (Caravel of Discovery) and unlocks at ships building Tech, at the times of henry the navigator who was taking the first steps towards Africa, I will add this one only to Joao II.
I will maintain Caravela Redonda, the portuguese caravel of war, specialized to maintain the convoy to India or Japan, unlocking at cartography tech. I will add this one only to Afonso.
As for Joao II, we have Botafogo (Spitfire Galleon), not his but for the crown he always tried to defend to the bones. Strong and heavy, not gone too away from Portugal and the Mediterranean, with a large number of cannons, unlocking at gunpowder tech. The assembler of the cannons nicknamed botafogo, the crown offered some land in Brazil, which we now know as Botafogo ;)

For Portuguese Caravel is substituted by caravela de descobrir and caravela redonda. All rest are supposed to be unique, no more privateer and frigate substitute.

I will also tend to add Grande Explorador (Great Explorer), names like Vasco da Gama and Afonso itself, where great admirals and but also great merchants, so substitutes great admiral with some great merchant features.

CONCLUSION - Since Portuguese units is all about boats seems pretty balanced to me
Portugal: Nau, Nau do Trato, Grande Explorador
Afonso: Flor do Mar, Caravela Redonda
Joao II: Caravela de Descobrir, Botafogo

Next buildings and districts.

Last edited:
Feitoria, I will change to district, installed in the coast of city states, with features of commercial hub, but also some features of harbor, it was the little cities of Portugal inside city states, for the sake of trade to be made. Unlocks at currency tech now, like commercial hub, since I cant yet construct on city states will be in own city, but always only one per city, and can only be installed at coast, for obvious reasons. Edited: I have to change to improvement to be built by other units like Grande Explorador.

Padrão, the little monument of Portuguese, making the job as a lighthouse but with no light. Marking the spots. Unlocks at Celestial Navigation tech now. Also same problem as above, the objective is to build one per coast of a city state, but for now one per own city, coast also.
Edited: I have to change to improvement to be built by other units like Caravela de Descobrir.

Bairro Alto (Upper District), is the district applied for Portuguese cities, coastal ones, also one per city, the neighborhood that was created by discoveries, the volume of the court was growing so they pushed the working people to the higher spots. Unlocks at Humanism Civic.

Since they all are very different, all have to have coastal cities of city states, and they are one per city, they will not replace any existent improvement or district.

CONCLUSION - One Per City or City-state, on Coast or in Coastal City
Portugal: Padrão, Feitoria, Bairro Alto

Misc: Lisbon city-state will be updated to Macau

Last edited:
Portugal Sea Power! (In Construction...)

-> Caravela de Descobrir (Caravel of Discovery) Fast but not so strong as Caravel, can build padrao (Joao)
-> Caravela Redonda (Square-rigged caravel) As Fast but Stronger than Caravela de descobrir, stronger with adjacent naus (Albuquerque)
-> Nau As Fast but Strong than Caravela Redonda, can build feitoria or Padrao (Both)
-> Flor Do Mar ("Flower of The Sea" - Nau) As Fast but Strong than Nau and with Raider capabilities, stronger with other adjacent naus (Albuquerque)
-> Nau Do Trato ("Black Ship" - Nau) Like a Sea Trader, great gold income, immune to plunder (Both)
-> Botafogo ("Spitfire" Galleon) Not so Fast as Flor do Mar but Much Stronger as individual one (Joao)
-> Grande Explorador (Great Explorer) Like a Great Admiral, with great merchant or general features depending on the Great Person (Both), some can build feitoria and some padrão

Last edited:
Great Works of the Discoveries:

I will add Luis de Camões as a Writer with the famous "Lusíadas"
And just found out about a great work of one of Great Explorers I am adding, "Esmeraldo de Situ Orbis", written by Duarte Pacheco Pereira, called the Portuguese Achilles by the poet Camões.

Also Jorge Álvares with "The Prester John of the Indies"

Last edited:
raen updated Portugal Civilization (Civ 6) with a new update entry:

Portugal Civilization (Civ 6) V9.9Beta

Added João II Great Designed once more by LastSword! Thank You!

Also Added Grande Explorador using Real Great People Mod by InFixo, great for my mod!

See attached images :)

Added all units I proposed to add.

Still some corrections to make to units, mainly grandes exploradores retire bonuses (next to do). Has for Buildings I want to transform yet in improvements to be built by boats.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Last edited:
Boas...
Eu tenho o CIV VI versao aniversário original,
Queria colocar este teu mod da civilização Portuguesa... Dá? é que coloco e depois a procurar a civilização nao aparece...

Podes Ajudar?

Top Bottom