1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Portugal Civilization (Civ 6 vanilla, R&F and GS) + Lusitânia V28.05Beta

Portuguese empire at their best times!

1. mcghoulberry9

mcghoulberry9 Chieftain

Will try that, thank you very much.

raen likes this.
  2. mcghoulberry9

mcghoulberry9 Chieftain

Got a new problem. Changing the Windows user has indeed solved my Great Person panel problem but now my game seems to be stuck at turn 70 and it just crashes as it passes from 70-71. I tried loading an older save file and playing from there but again, doesn't get past turn 70. I presume this game at least is hopeless but is this something I can expect to happen in every or near every game?

3. raen

raen Coat of Arms

Not an usual thing at all, I wonder why turn 70, the save game was about same game? What you doing in that turn, passing era? Constructing something? Are you playing with R&F? Try another game please to see if occurs again. Thanks for the feedback.

4. mcghoulberry9

mcghoulberry9 Chieftain

Did a new game and now it happened at turn 96. Again no matter how much I try it seems midway through the turn processing he encounters some problem and the game aborts. I am playing R&F and I was not passing era in either of the situations (about constructing something cant say for sure, although I doubt that's the problem, the game freezes when processing the other players' turns). I am using one mod alongside yours which is Scaled Difficulty. Don't know if that could be the source of the problem.

5. raen

raen Coat of Arms

6. mcghoulberry9

mcghoulberry9 Chieftain

I'm sorry I'm not very knowledgeable in this kind of things. Is there any particular log file I should search in?

7. raen

raen Coat of Arms

Not a problem. I suggest you to use this program: AstroGrep

The logs are usually in <users>\<user>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\LOGS

Then in astrogrep, after game crashed, you search by errors in above directory, like in below picture.

Spoiler :

8. mcghoulberry9

mcghoulberry9 Chieftain

I've just realized this. It was quite stupid of me to even overlook it, but does this need civ 6 to be updated to the latest version?

9. raen

raen Coat of Arms

I believe yes, my steam does updates automatically so I don´t see the differences but I know that Firaxis solve some bugs along the way or with updates something changes in the way.

10. raen

raen Coat of Arms

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  11. raen

raen Coat of Arms

12. raen

raen Coat of Arms

That closes the Leaders I wanted for Discoveries Era (still to do and solve some stuff in their resources tough).

Teaser:

Portugal, To play as Lusiads!, Nau (Unique Unit) -> Feitoria (Unique Infrastructure) -> Bairro Alto (National District) -> Barca (replaces dhow) -> Pastor Lusitano (replaces Scout)
    Joao I, To play more espionage and with great people -> Mestre de Avis (replaces Spy) -> Casa de Ceuta (national Wonder)
    Prince Henry, To play Economic Exploration and Sea Power -> Caravela Latina (replaces Caravel) -> Escola de Sagres and Casa da Guiné (National Wonders)
    Joao II, To play fully blown Exploration -> Caravela Latina (replaces Caravel) -> Padrão (unique infrastructure) -> Casa da Mina and Armazém da Guiné (National Wonders)
    Manuel I, To play more Religious and Diplomatic -> Monge Jerónimo (unique Monk) -> Mosteiro dos Jerónimos and Torre de Belém (National Wonders)
    Albuquerque, To play fully blown Sea Power -> Caravela redonda (replaces Caravel) -> Casa da Índia (National Wonder)

13. raen

raen Coat of Arms

14. raen

raen Coat of Arms

15. raen

raen Coat of Arms

16. raen

raen Coat of Arms

17. raen

raen Coat of Arms

Portugal & Leaders current state of the art (some still in dev)

Portugal

Spoiler :

Description: Portuguese empire at their best times!

UA: Lusiads - Provides an envoy with a City-State when you establish a Trade Route. Each International City provides a free trading post. After researching Nautical Science and Exploration, Naval units gain the ability to enter ocean tiles and can form into fleets or Armadas, respectively. Portugal can recruit Grande Explorador and cannot recruit Great Admiral and starts with one and only Pastor Lusitano instead of Warrior. Bairro Alto unlocks Project Marchas Populares.

UU: Nau - Unique ranged naval unit that unlocks at Cartography. May pillage coastal tiles. Upon moving adjacent to a coastal plain terrain of a city-state, places a Feitoria on it. Anchored at Porto (with Porto Maritimo), adjacent to a commercial hub and subsequently to the city center, places Bairro Alto National Wonder District in a Hill also adjacent to the city center. Receives a bonus vs cities and gold when a city is captured within two tiles of a Nau based on the number of luxuries around the City.

UI: Porto - Replaces Harbor, available at Sailing. Provides Grande Explorador instead of Great Admiral

João I

Spoiler :

Quote: Master of Avis, I am the father of a Nation, of the Illustrious Generation!

UA: Illustrious Generation - Provides one Great Person point per turn from All Genres but excluding Great Musician and Great Engineer. Gains a free spy at Guilds.

UU: Mestre de Avis - Replaces Spy. More chance when recruiting Partisans. Starts with Seduction and Quartermaster promotions

UU: Barca - Replaces Dhow. + 5 melee strength.

UU UA: Barca Central Commerce - Barca anchored at Porto (with Porto Maritimo), adjacent to a commercial hub and subsequently to city center, places Casa de Ceuta National Wonder in Commercial Hub.

Infante D. Henrique

Spoiler :

Quote: From my wind rose of Sagres I see my ships sail to the new world, where new seas and riches unfold!

UA: Naval Order - International Trade Routes to other civilizations provide +2 Faith and +2 Gold for Portugal. Naval units gain + 5 melee strength. 1 Extra Economic Policy.

UU: Caravela Latina - Replaces Caravel and Unlocks with Exploration. +1 Movement and +1 Visibility on the coast.

UU UA: Caravela Latina Science - Caravela Latina, anchored at Porto (with an Estaleiro) and in an adjacent Campus with a subsequent CLIFF, places Escola de Sagres National Wonder in Campus.

UU UA: Caravela Latina Trade - Caravela Latina, anchored at Porto (with Porto Maritimo), adjacent to a commercial hub and subsequently to the city center, places Casa da Guiné National Wonder in Commercial Hub.

João II

Spoiler :

Quote: I am "El Hombre", Isabella said! Let us sign Tordesillas treaty and divide the world ;-)

UA: Sea Devotion - Extra amenities and gold for each trade route with a city-state, and even more if Portugal is the Sovereign. Portuguese renaissance naval units start with the 'Volta do Mar' ability ( which gives +1 movement in the open sea) and can be purchased at half price.

UU: Caravela Latina - Replaces Caravel and Unlocks with Exploration. +1 Movement and +1 Visibility on the coast.

UU UA: Caravela latina Milestones - Caravela Latina, upon moving adjacent to an uncrowded Coastal hill with an adjacent Luxury or Resource, places a Padrao on it.

UU UA: Caravela Latina Commerce - Caravela Latina, anchored at Porto (with Porto Maritimo), adjacent to a commercial hub and subsequently to city center, places Casa da Mina National Wonder in Commercial Hub.

Manuel I

Spoiler :

Quote: Esmeraldo de Situ Orbis, I am the king of Iberia and of the new world!

UA: Manueline Style - International Trade Routes to other civilizations provide +4 Culture for Portugal, 1 extra diplomacy slot, -50% of war weariness

UU: Galeão - Replaces Frigate. + 5 melee and ranged strength.

UU UA: Nau Religion and Culture - Nau, anchored at Porto (with Porto Maritimo), adjacent to a holy site hub and subsequently to the city center, places Mosteiros dos Jerónimos National Wonder in Holy Site. Unique Monk Missionary - Monge Jerónimo - can be generated.

UU UA: Nau Defense - Nau, anchored at Porto (with Estaleiro), adjacent to a plain terrain, build Torre de Belém National Wonder on Coast, Occupying the two tiles.

Afonso de Albuquerque

Spoiler :

Quote: I don't accept gifts, come and trade with me at my ship if you dare since I am the Lion of the Seas!

UA: Mare Clausum: Mare Clausum Receive +2 Gold for each Feitoria. All Ranged Naval Units receive +1 Range and All Naval units Heal at a faster rate.

UU: Caravela Redonda - Replaces Caravel with +5 Combat Strength and available ate Square Rigging. Gains additional strength when within two tiles of an embarked Trader Unit, and increases the Combat of adjacent Naval Units by +5.

UU: Nau do Trato - Unique Sea Trader to trade exclusively with city-states, entering their borders, up to 3, and back to Porto adds money to treasure, 20, 100, 500.

UU UA: Nau Central Commerce - Nau, anchored at Porto (with Porto Maritimo), adjacent to a commercial hub and subsequently to city center, places Casa da India National Wonder in Commercial Hub.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  18. raen

raen Coat of Arms

19. Cotrioa1

Cotrioa1 Chieftain

i really like to play with Portugal, my favorite custom civ mod, and one of the fav. european country, but i would like to ask if somebody can make more custom civ! i would love to play with Croatia (place where i was born actually) and mybe Italy, Finland... thanks!

raen likes this.
  20. raen

raen Coat of Arms

Hi there, many thanks for supporting this mod :)

As for other civs, any ideas? maybe is better to add a topic at ideas & suggestions.