Civ 6 Portugal Civilization  (Not compatible with official Portugal Pack DLC) + Lusitânia

Civ 6 Portugal Civilization (Not compatible with official Portugal Pack DLC) + Lusitânia v32.00Beta

I understand, but should not it work on desert hills too then? I have a city on the TSL map of YNAMP that is in Aoulef, Algeria, where there are some hills, only desert hills, and since I can not increase her population limit with the "Bairro Alto", the city stagnates ;-;

I look at it at the time, but i like to put it right with history. Bairro alto is very powefull but it had its conditions, at 1445 i dont think there was a neighbourhood like that created at a side of city center walls and in desert, i even have to add to be built only close to city center (and have city walls!). In my game i could build four of them in one city! But the game works well, advised me about sanitanion with all that population!

In my perspective population grown, and the only free place was the plain hills, pushed out the city walls, where upper district was built along the years.

Last edited:
I look at it at the time, but i like to put it right with history. Bairro alto is very powefull but it had its conditions, at 1445 i dont think there was a neighbourhood like that created at a side of city center walls and in desert, i even have to add to be built only close to city center (and have city walls!). In my game i could build four of them in one city! But the game works well, advised me about sanitanion with all that population!

In my perspective population grown, and the only free place was the plain hills, pushed out the city walls, where upper district was built along the years.
So if I want to reproduce the Portuguese history in the YNAMP TSL I will not be able to, because the African and Asian colonies will not be able to grow as much as the others. I understand your side, but I do not see why not being able to build in desert hills also since both are hills, just wanted to know where I can change the mod settings and add desert hills too, because it really messes me up. (I love cities with 30-35 population and with this limit I can barely reach 26 ;-; )

I have to study more about it, to see if happened in desert a city center with walls and then a neighborhood in desert hills.

Anyway, you can change it this way:
Go to file Portugal_Districts.xml
Inside this tag <District_ValidTerrains>
Add <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_BAIRRO_ALTO" TerrainType="TERRAIN_DESERT_HILLS"/>

I dont know if it changes with an already saved game but nothing to loose in trying ;)

I have to study more about it, to see if happened in desert a city center with walls and then a neighborhood in desert hills.

Anyway, you can change it this way:
Go to file Portugal_Districts.xml
Inside this tag <District_ValidTerrains>
Add <Row DistrictType="DISTRICT_BAIRRO_ALTO" TerrainType="TERRAIN_DESERT_HILLS"/>

I dont know if it changes with an already saved game but nothing to loose in trying ;)
Thank you! :D

raen submitted a new resource:

Portugal Civilization (Civ 6) - Portuguese empire at their best times!

The wanted final result (subject to change): See here

More Info:

Credits:
Spoiler :

Mod ideas and structure from:

Rob (R8XFT) - Anno Domini (Civ 6 version)
Chinese American - Hamtasy Civ
Rob (R8XFT) - Punt Civilization

PORTUGUESE CIV INFO

Atlas627 and Ikael- Portuguese Civ (in construction)

PORTUGUESE LEADER SCREEN

LastSword- Afonso de Albuquerque

Read more about this resource...
the Mod causes the music in my game to freak out by echoing.... Cant load saved games. the mod will load and then you save but if you exit and try to reload the save... NO. it will crash to the main screen.

the Mod causes the music in my game to freak out by echoing.... Cant load saved games. the mod will load and then you save but if you exit and try to reload the save... NO. it will crash to the main screen.
It may be some mod conflict, here in my game it worked normal without any crash. :yup:

You downloaded previous version and had a saved game? If so or not, at this stage all versions are different and can enter in conflict. Disable all in additional content. And enable 0.6 only.

Anyway, i got this echoing at start menu, opening additional content many times, seems a bug of game menu interface. But when in game echoing is gone.

Last edited:
raen updated Portugal Civilization (Civ 6) with a new update entry:

Portugal Civilization (Civ 6) v.07 Beta

Feitoria at exploration (makes more sense) and other minor modifications as Barbarian less strong at first stages now. Also new text but mainly Icon for Portugal and Afonso de Albuquerque.

To install icons you need to copy "Mods_Custom_Assets" to your steam library\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\ folder. Go to subfolder portugal and run install.

As for Portugalv0.7Beta, copy it to MODS folder as usual (you user\your documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\)

Icons are a little blurry (and are missing others), still beta, Enjoy!

Read the rest of this update entry...

The modification of icons implies modification of core files, that´s why i made a little tool to copy it of you and safeguarding originals.

It is already in 0.7 package but if you want (I think you should) integrate with other mods core modification just look at my tool. Also, you may want to see it to more information how to use it.

This tool is windows only for now...

Last edited:
I think the active ability of th Nau is good, but it won't ever come to that. The Exploration civic comes at the Renaissance, where 95% of the goodie huts have been picked up. So unfortunately this would make that ability useless.

The modification of icons implies modification of core files, that´s why i made a little tool to copy it of you and safeguarding originals.

It is already in 0.7 package but if you want (I think you should) integrate with other mods core modification just look at my tool. Also, you may want to see it to more information how to use it.
I'm having some problems with the icon installation toolkit, is there any way I can do the installation manually? If yes what files do I have to back up and replace?

I'm having some problems with the icon installation toolkit, is there any way I can do the installation manually? If yes what files do I have to back up and replace?
You have a mac? If yes will not work... Edit install to see where are the files by path and you can do it manually.

Yeah, with icons custom made this happens, i have to edit more files now.
Oh ;-;, even with these issues, it's amazing to see what a community together can do in a game even without the developer giving support for the modders.

I think the active ability of th Nau is good, but it won't ever come to that. The Exploration civic comes at the Renaissance, where 95% of the goodie huts have been picked up. So unfortunately this would make that ability useless.

I noticed that i get exploration a bit later, civics are slower then techs. But comes about right a little later. Thats why i used all portuguese potential at the time, where at start of renaissance dominated the seas.

I did not understood what you said about the huts? Since it is supposed to have envoys with city states? Can you elaborate? Thanks

Edited: i think i got it, its because it has raider ability and can take over coastal huts, is that it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom