Portugal Discussion

I wonder how they will figure out the feitora bonus when one are allies. getting two copies of gems doesn't help you at all,since you can't sell a resource from a cs. But double strategic bonuses would be good.Portugal.Portugal are sailing up to be my new favorite civ to play

I'm guessing you get 1 Lux from being Ally (like everyone else) and this one can't be traded... But the other one (from the Feitoria) will be yours to trade.
Again, I'm guessing based on nothing but logic... Since it just sounds weird to me the other way...

And Portugal will be my first BNW game (unless they reveal an even cooler civ)!
Loved Brazil, but Portugal just seems way too awesome to pass up...
BNW is going to be legen... wait for it... dary! :p

I've looked around and haven't seen any discussion on what happens when a city-state with a Feitora built in it is captured.

Would Portugal instantly lose all benefits or would the capturing civ have to replace the improvement first? Is there any benefit to the capturing civ to keep it as with terrace farms?

I've looked around and haven't seen any discussion on what happens when a city-state with a Feitora built in it is captured.

Would Portugal instantly lose all benefits or would the capturing civ have to replace the improvement first? Is there any benefit to the capturing civ to keep it as with terrace farms?

Truth be told, we don't actually know if the Feitoria has any tile benefit, we know what it does, but we don't know if it provides any yields, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a really powerful yield, but you would have to wager, if you wanna keep the yield, or if you would prefer Portgual to lose the bonuses.

There's also the case, what if there's Two Portguals in game, do both of them gain the resources if one builts it in a CS?

I'd think there would have to be some yield bonus for the city-state otherwise they would just replace them with farms, mines, etc. But they might just hard-code the game that city-states will never replace a built feitora.

There's also the case, what if there's Two Portguals in game, do both of them gain the resources if one builts it in a CS?

Guys! Guys! I just had the best idea...
Guys! Listen! How about... a WHOLE TEAM made with Portugal players!!! :lol:
They'd spawn around different City-States and, thus, able to have Feitorias all around the world quickly! :lol:

Seriously now, I doubt that'd happen - the game already keeps up who builds what improvement (to know who to charge for roads in neutral territory), so it should use that to keep Feitorias linked with whoever Maria built it. :p

About City-States being conquered - I guess the Feitoria would be useless and, therefore, removed by whoever conquered them.

I can't imagine it would.

Presumably if you capture a CS that has a Feitoria, its effect disappears. Portugal should have to liberate the CS if they want their buddy back.

It's still not entirely clear how they're going to work. What if the CS has no free tiles within its borders to build it on?

Most interesting civ of the BNW lot so far. Great UI and UU, and UA should make for a solid package. Like the colours. Even like the leader screen, though I'm as puzzled as everyone else at the choice of leader...

about the theme what you think of something beautifully crazy and portuguese like this for Maria The Mad lolol :

Link to video.

but also brazil and portugal have similar music, like forró and samba from portuguese heritage.

Ed mentioned that he played a full-length game with Portugal this morning and that he not once struggled with two things due to Portugal's Uniques:
Being able to wipe up any luxury from a city-state, man they have the potential to be ludicrously powerful in the player's hands

For those who missed it:

The Nau can Sell Exotic Goods when "next to foreign lands" - meaning both City-States and Major Civilizations.

The Feitoria also gives a defense bonus, and is available at Navigation. Wonder if the copy of the resource is trade-able..

Unfortunately, the music doesn't seem to be recorded yet - Portugal is still using Spain's theme (same for The Zulus, using Songhai's)... :sad:

And I think that's all when it comes to news for Portugal...

For those who missed it:

Unfortunately, the music doesn't seem to be recorded yet - Portugal is still using Spain's theme (same for The Zulus, using Songhai's)... :sad:

And I think that's all when it comes to news for Portugal...

WHAT THE F...... ???!!!!! :wow::dubious::trouble:

They're not the only ones - Poland has Russia's, Assyria has Persia's, Brazil also has Spain's, the main menu still has God & Kings' menu theme.

I'm guessing Michael Curran and Geoff Knorr are still woring on the soundtrack and haven't yet met with the Prague Filmharmonic Orchestra to record the music... :sad: I want to hear the new soundtrack...

They're not the only ones - Poland has Russia's, Assyria has Persia's, Brazil also has Spain's, the main menu still has God & Kings' menu theme.

I'm guessing Michael Curran and Geoff Knorr are still woring on the soundtrack and haven't yet met with the Prague Filmharmonic Orchestra to record the music... :sad: I want to hear the new soundtrack...

:rolleyes::crazyeye::lol: ok I was joking.

look here the interview:

[YOUTUBE-OLD]EMO79ylKga0[/YOUTUBE-OLD]

can someone tell me what he says when he said: We add Portugal because ????? wanted it

This new expansion will be soo cool, i think it will change the game to even super, it was the need of Portugal to change another civ game for better once again, the same happened with IV beyond the sword with the creation of colonies.

Top Bottom