1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Portugal is the last NFP Civilization confirmed. Also... Zombies??!!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Duke William of Normandy, Mar 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

The Achievement says you must kill a Zombie with more than +50 Mutation Strength, so maybe it's either that or, based on the wording of the Achievement, it could be more Combat Strength.

AriaLyric likes this.
  2. PiR

PiR King Supporter

Free settler appears in each new continent discovered?
    OP

3. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Traps are likely just a new defensive improvement for the Zombie mode. However, nothing is said specifically in the achievement text to link it to Zombies. It could just be a new improvement for the base game (e.g., the scout unit) though I think that's less likely.

Zombies gain additional strength from mutation, and some sort of event or mechanic causes the mutation strength to change. That's how I read it. Perhaps Era in Vanilla, CO2 in GS?

4. Duke William of Normandy

I would contest that considering Joao III was a firm supporter of the Portuguese Inquisition.

There is also Martin Luther being portrayed as Gandalf the White with a longer beard than Guan Yu

Kimiimaro, Zaarin and PiR like this.
  5. Boa's Mod Productions

Boa's Mod Productions Chieftain

I just noticed a new pattern I didn’t realize until now:
    So I counted the civs based on what continent their capitals were based on.... and I noticed a new pattern: Both Rise and Fall, and Gathering Storm have had at least 3 civs with capitals based in Europe.

So while Portugal with Joao III breaks away from two consistent patterns: The pattern of having at least 3 female leaders per expansion, and the pattern of having 4 new and 4 returning civs, this fulfills the pattern that there are at least 3 civs coming from Europe.

6. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I'll go dark horse here and say that Portugal has a unique seaside resort.

7. Duke William of Normandy

That's an Improvement. There are no Unique Improvements that replace an already existing Improvement. :p
    Interesting...

8. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Haha, I had never noticed that before.

8housesofelixir, PiR, Kjimmet and 2 others like this.
  9. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I was mentioning things to differentiate them from Spain. Nobody is expecting the Portuguese Inquisition. :p

That's interesting. I think Tblisi, and Georgia as a whole, being located in Europe is debatable, but Istanbul is definitely on the European side of Anatolia.

Well that's what a feitoria was to some. :mischief:

10. Boa's Mod Productions

Boa's Mod Productions Chieftain

I actually searched up the positions of the Caucasus countries on what continent they were prior to posting this (and also took cultural influence into account), so Georgia and Armenia are definitely more on the European side culturally even if they can be considered not in Europe geographically, while Azerbaijan is definitely more on the Asian side being Turkic (if I'm correct) and all

Meluhhan and Alexander's Hetaroi like this.
  11. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

I'm just hoping that the feitoria isn't a fort replacement. Even an improved fort would still be a pointless, god awful waste of time.

Ticio likes this.
  12. Duke William of Normandy

I'm very surprised, but I guess you learn something new every day. :dunno:
    You will go anywhere, my loyal but brainless Scout, even it means your second death.Go!

"Braiiinnnnsss..."

13. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo King

I've been quite into discovering the relationships between different European leaders and this is what I found about Joao III (he is VERY related to Philip II)
    On a side note, I hope we will have a unique Harbor building, cuz we haven't had them so far, and the pattern points towards a UB this time. Maybe Feitoria replaces Shipyard, or something like that. And maybe if they have a unique Caravel, I hope Firaxis will make it useful, since naval melee are often pretty pointless, unless when owned by Harald.

14. Duke William of Normandy

As I said to @SammyKhalifa, no Unique Improvements have ever replaced an already existing Improvement. But I understand you're reasoning.

15. cain3456

cain3456 King

I can't tell you how disappointed I am that the last mode is Zombie Apocalypse. So New Frontiers ends not with a bang, but a whimper.

Ondolindë and PiR like this.
  16. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

Should have saved that for John Calvin. :mischief:

In modern politics, perhaps, but historically that's debatable. The general argument I see for this debate is "they're Christian," but there are millions of Christians in the Middle East, which is where Christianity originated in the first place. Armenia, in particular, has always been in the cultural orbit of Iran, and it is also Oriental Orthodox like the Copts and Syriacs.

17. LMT

LMT Warlord

The Algarve. Brings in extra tourism from countries on the same continent. Can build a golf course on neighboring tiles.

18. Duke William of Normandy

That's Scotland's Unique Improvement...

19. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Which is one of the reasons why I think it might be, improvements are the only thing without a unique replacement which you think would have made it into the game by now.

20. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Unique Harbour with Ranged Strength ability, similar to Gaul's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.