1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Portugal is the last NFP Civilization confirmed. Also... Zombies??!!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Duke William of Normandy, Mar 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

I'm partially right. It's a win for me.

Also, 40 minutes till Update Video launch here in the Western Hemisphere. Stand by while waiting for the hype train to pass this station.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    PiR likes this.
  2. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

Zombie Mode: Upon unlocking the Social Media Civic, you may convert Population into Zombie units.

Basically Janissaries.

3. Duke William of Normandy

Zombies of the Ottomans... Sounds like some bad horror movie from the 1970s. :lol: Also, I find it interesting you choose Social Media and not something like Chemistry...

4. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I'm hoping for the above scenarios that this is more of a virus/pandemic mode but set in a "fantasy/sci-fi setting". Something that people have to work together, or not. I mean in the Pandemic board game you can get an expansion where a player is actually a biological terrorist and secretly working against everyone else. :mischief:

Social Media is a usually an echo chamber of people mindlessly agreeing on the same thing, and if not they attack someone.
    Though usually they are referred to as robots.

5. Zegangani

Zegangani Prince

Apart from Leaders (beyond reasonable), many things in Civ aren't reasonable and can't be, but are plausible because otherwise the Game won't work. If made realistically GP should have Lifespans, not just restricted to certain Eras in order for you to get them. But if they were made like that, you would miss a lot of GP that will rarely see the surface of the Game Map. And same thing for Wars, your Units take decades to reach a City you want to attack, and reinforcement Units the same amount of Time, just to take more decades to conquer a City, a War that lasts 100s of Years?! No game that theoretically lasts for 1000s of Years can be made with only realistic mechanisms/systems. But there have to be some plausibility to their functionalities.

6. Duke William of Normandy

Wait a second... That sounds like us whenever a trendy Civ conspiracy theory comes to the surface. :p

PiR and Alexander's Hetaroi like this.
  7. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

Just ro clarify, I'm absolutely fine with units since units just get repopulated as time goes on, although I think there should be a limit nwhere you either have to upgrade or disband - I just launched a D-Day invasion, and my tank slaughtered the warrior units. I think if a unit was so woefully under equipped (the opponent was two eras behind, so shouldn't be using warriors), it would forcibly disband itself long before getting to the battlefield.

It's more like Great People that highlight it. Nothing ingumet upset about, just something the I raise an eyebrow and the shrug my shoulders at.

8. FinalDoomsday

FinalDoomsday Prince

I dont think its an issue of realism since we are talking about zombies it is more maintaining the spirit of what a zombie is: a mindless aggressive antithesis of civilisation. World powers directly controlling zombies against each other goes against that. Sure someone can tie one to a post as a macabre guard dog, bait a horde toward a rival or unleash a zombie virus on an enemy population but thats different from directly controlling them like disciplined troops. If they are like that you could have litteraly had any number of things to replace them like robots or bioengineered war beasts.

PiR likes this.
  9. Zegangani

Zegangani Prince

This and an Alien invasion are the only things that could bring Humanity to work together, instead of each Civ for its own interest.

10. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

But that's not true with the original zombies, just the Romero-ized ones.

11. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Welcome to the internet in general. ;)

12. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

Moderator Action: thread closed now we have official confirmation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.