[NFP] Portugal is the last NFP Civilization confirmed. Also... Zombies??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if the Zombie leak is just a hint to a polish Patch for some Modes/Scenarios (like for Civs/Leaders, but with the DLC)? I mean they even have the same Icons as in Read Death (just the Zombies).
Refined SS, Red Death, Dramatic Ages and Heros Mode, so that the AI can make better use of them (Don't forget, the Devs are open than ever to the Civ Cummunity, so they might heard our Complaints). And Expanded C&M, and Fixed Barbarian Mode in the last Free Update. That's one Conclusion to the NFP.

Considering this is Portugal that really is the final civ, wow they broke from the consistent balanced pattern of returning and new civs, so we have 5 returning civs, and 3 new civs (I made an educated guess that deduced the two most likely civs down to Philippines or Hawaii until this point.)

Still though, Portugal with Joao III sounds exciting! Also.... hmm zombies game mode?

Perhaps they just mess with us with zombies, perhaps not, however it does sound like another mode I won't use though.
Nonetheless Portugal is fine, would prefer something from Ancient times, but I'm fine with more Europe. :mischief: (Please, be not boring)
From the global achievement stats you can tell most civ gamers avoid both MP scenarios Red Death and Pirates. (War Machine seems to be the exception - maybe cos it's historical)
Imagine a scenario with World Wars and Giant Earth map to play it on. I'm sure it would be a blast.

Considering this is Portugal that really is the final civ, wow they broke from the consistent balanced pattern of returning and new civs, so we have 5 returning civs, and 3 new civs (I made an educated guess that deduced the two most likely civs down to Philippines or Hawaii until this point.)
I'm more interested in them breaking the 1/3 Female to Male Leader ratio. I really wonder why they chose to do so...

They've been in the game twice so not exactly a staple. I think this is a firm signal that NFP is the end of Civ6, as I suspected it would be.
The thought of NFP being the last thing for Civ6 and the soon arrival of civ7 gives me anxiety tbh, I only finally got into playing civ in the later part of 2019 and I would happily wait for more expansions (and definitely more civs) after NFP.... I saw a reddit thread a while back on what ppl wanted, a civ7 or more expansions for civ6, and the expansions part won 3:2 in this particular poll, so it looks like the more popular decision seems to be leaning towards more expansions right now

Based on what i can tell, civ 6 looks to me what they set up to be like the “ultimate civ game of all the civ games” so far, for me they haven’t lived up completely to that image (but they are already doing a great job since Gathering Storm and NFP, and I believe it’ll eventually live up if they continue on), and I feel like the new game modes are also some sort of experiment that could lead to something new they could add in civ.... plus I think I saw someone say, I don’t remember where though so don’t rely too much on this, but i heard from that person say that one of the (or the) developers said that they would continue to work on civ 6 as long as people supported it

I'm more interested in them breaking the 1/3 Female to Male Leader ratio. I really wonder why they chose to do so...
Oh yeah true they broke from that pattern as well....

My guess now is that they also ran out of themeable/fitting/consistent civs for a pattern to add for the pass, plus Portugal was very highly requested, and also too significant to world history to miss, so I guess that might explain it (I saw from a tweet when the 5th pack was released that the civ and leader for Pack 6 had been finalized a long time ago, so it was probably set before the pass was released)

I’m still up for a third expansion pack/more DLCs tho! Would also love to see more attention on really obscure civs like the Timurids, or Merina (Madagascar)

Perhaps Zombies is the third season of the Red Death, which starts the same 9 months after the second (as well as the second one 9 months after the first)
But zombies are already in the Red Death?

If they weren't in Civ IV they're not a staple :)
Well I'm glad the blobs (Native Americans, Celts, HRE, Vikings) aren't necessarily a staple. :)

Nuclear apocalypse!
Pirates!
Heroes!
Secret societies!
Zombies!

What. The. Heck. STOP IT ALREADY!
I don't think Pirates should be up there, considering that they are pretty historical compared to the others. :p

I don't think Pirates should be up there, considering that they are pretty historical compared to the others. :p
Also, maybe it's just me, but nothing about heroes really seems out of place in a historical game. Most legends are rooted in history, after all.

Also, maybe it's just me, but nothing about heroes really seems out of place in a historical game. Most legends are rooted in history, after all.
That too.

Portugal is ok but I'm more interested in a Zombie mode though that is tempered if this is a multiplayer only mode.

Let's see, you could set up a game with no opponents, Tech Shuffle, Barbarian Clans, set Disasters to Max and just play a game where you react to Random Events and try to survive . . .

Such a good idea.

And if you notice my modded eight leaders, none is Joao III ;)
I have played your version of Portugal a lot and really enjoy it. Can I ask why you have 8 leaders but you didn't include Joao III? Was he not that prominent of a king in Portuguese history compared to other monarchs? Are you at all surprised with the leader choice? I think it is only appropriate to ask someone with the cultural background in the country.

I have played your version of Portugal a lot and really enjoy it. Can I ask why you have 8 leaders but you didn't include Joao III? Was he not that prominent of a king in Portuguese history compared to other monarchs? Are you at all surprised with the leader choice? I think it is only appropriate to ask someone with the cultural background in the country.
I have that same question. Why put Sebastian, who quite literally ended Portugal's status as a global power, to Joao III, who didn't do that and actually maintained the empire quite well? :p

Also, @raen, mind if I borrow your Lusitanian idea... for reasons. :mischief:

Big fat meh. Portugal deserves to be in but is a sub-zero-interest civ for me personally, and zombies are the laziest, most unimaginative monsters possible.

If I didn't alrady have the NFP this particular pack would likely get a pass from me.

Also highly disappointed that we're apparently back to having one designated token Native American civ per game after V finally stopped doing that. They may not be Civ IV's "Native Americans" but they're just as much about the idea that one civ can adequately represent Native Americans as a whole.

Except space pirates. ;)

Pirates are within history, same goes with secret societies (although vampires are quite questionable).
Heroes come from legends - also within humankind history books.
Zombies thou.....
I mean technically the ideas of zombies have roots of Haitian and West African origins. Not sure if this will be reflected in the game mode or not though.

I mean technically the ideas of zombies have roots of Haitian and West African origins. Not sure if this will be reflected in the game mode or not though.
Undead are a staple of folklore, but modern zombies don't really reflect much of that.

Through reading the achievements, traps and mutations have been announced so...

zombies... really?!
So... no changes to world congress; no filling unit gaps (riflemen/trebuchet/stealth bombers); no cold war/idelogies mechanics?
A little bit disappointed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom