[NFP] Portugal (March 2021) - Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Myomoto

Myomoto King

Corporations mode being fixed, I think I will do a chill colonial economy game as Portugal :cool:

2. AntSou

AntSou Deity

Don't have time to play atm. Can't wait to listen to Sean Bean murdering it. But reading this:

"João III, you stand firm in your beliefs and guide others to them. As you spread your religion and your trade networks beyond your shores, bring prosperity back to your people, so that they may experience new ways of being unlike any seen before."

It seems they might originally have intended a more religious focus, at least at the time Sean Bean recorded it.

3. João III

João III Warlord

I wonder if trade routes might've had an effect similar to pressure from Scripture before pivoting to exploration and increased trade yields

4. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

Both of those done several times. But it's not showing up as an available pack in my "Additional Content". My version number even matches.

5. bbbt

bbbt Deity

I'm a native English speaker who worked as English teacher abroad for a number of years, and I can safely say it's not a comprehension issue on your end...

Vargas1, conorbebe, Pietato and 5 others like this.
  6. AriaLyric

AriaLyric Nonbinary | Peaceful Builder

Haha nice they saw my post on the typos thread! Seems like Barbarian Carl's threat of cutting out my tongue with his dullest blade was empty after all!
    YES I CAN PLAY WITH THIS MODE NOW OH MY GOD FINALLY
    oh no no nO NO NO PLEASE

7. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I don't know if this is new but a Barbarian Eagle Warrior just turned my Scout into a Builder! Good value from killing the EW and getting a 3 charge builder back!

Also does it seem weird to anyone else that you can hire a unit from a barb camp and immediately send it to kill it's friends lol.

8. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Emperor

Opened a game and it seems that the "Make This Deal More Equitable" bug had been fixed. When I press that button, the AI seems to reply properly.

9. AriaLyric

Just started playing! here's some interesting things:
    here's the alt jerseys for anyone interested who can't load the update yet. theres dark blue on white, dark red on light green, white on dark blue, and yellow on dark red
    Spoiler jerseys :
    20210325153347_1.jpg

The capitalization of roman numerals was NOT fixed in the load screens, so the new leader's name shows as João Iii. Also, not pictured but yeah, that's some grade-F pronunciation of João right there. Sounds like [ʒəˈlaʊ(ŋ)]. Amazin
    Spoiler load screen :
    20210325160203_1.jpg

And finally, the icon for the Torre de Belém has this funky little blue outline where the water goes, which is something no other water-based wonder has, tho honestly I'd really like it if water wonders all had it
    Spoiler torre outline :
    20210325160301_1.jpg

10. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Mercenaries...

I forgot to check earlier when I was playing. What's the tech or civic for that new ziggurat wonder?

Cooleatack and Noble Zarkon like this.
  11. AriaLyric

writing

12. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Writing!

13. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Civ6 addict

Really? I am playing currently and for me the bug still exists.

shaglio, conorbebe and Pfeffersack like this.
  14. Peserwin

Peserwin Chieftain

Unfortunately, the devs didn't fix AI not improving their resources with corporations mode. They are still improving just one copy of their luxeries

15. Tuvok694

Tuvok694 Civ6 addict

First game as Portugal: Built some harbors, had lots of money from the many trade routes. But then the barbarians came with caravels long before I had my own special caravels. They pillaged the hell out of me, all harbors, many traders, even the fishing boats, never seen barbarians pillaging so aggressively. Unfortunately I had no good campus spots, built not enough campuses and before Renaissance era I was hopelessly behind in science. Can't buy science with gold unfortunately. Seems like Portugal is not that easy for mediocre players like me. They require a good long-term strategy.

16. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo King

Can anyone check if the loading screen of Kublai Khan still confuses "martial" as "marshal"?

8housesofelixir and AriaLyric like this.
  17. inquisitive_otter

inquisitive_otter Warlord

• Fixed an issue where the ESC key would not close out the Treat the Clan UI.
    Yes!!! Best part of the patch.

18. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

I'm still experiencing it as well, though there are very rare occassions were this function works (but that is nothing new, see my post here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ounter-proposal-from-ai.666873/#post-16015252

Having continued my old save, I sadly also didn't see any improvement here.

---

@ Cultists

My continued game is with Secret Socities activated and I have now entered the age where they become available. So far I only saw a single AI one for a turn - and it was actually moving out of my sight...as odd as it may sound, I'm not sure if I have actually seen them moving before...I always runned into those huge AI Cultist carpets, which seemed to be static. Too early to say if thats just a fluke or how far going the changes are, but it seems that at least something was changed here.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    MrRadar likes this.
  19. Nerevatar

Nerevatar Warlord

Great news! Firaxis actually thought about how the AI would struggle against zombies! Zombies attacking AI players actually get a -5 CS penalty. This value can be modded, so that the AI wont get as easily overrun.

Other interesting stuff from the code:
    1. Zombies have a 50% chance to spawn when an Archeologist excavates a dig site! Indiana Jones anyone?
    2. A fresh kill by a zombie has 20% chance of spawning a Zombie. Other then that, Zombies have a chance (40%, 40%, 20%, 20%) to spawn after 5, 50, 100 and 150 turns! So you could fight a big war in the medieval era, and build a city atop the battlefield, and then during the modern eras zombies start coming up from the ground. Sounds fun! :D
    3. All attackable districts can spawn zombies "in exchange" for pops, not just City Centers. The chance of spawning Zombies is very low at 2%
    A bit of what they said at the stream and video was incorrect or incomplete, but in a good way. It has more depth and thought put into it then I expected. Unless someone reports some big problems with this mode within the first day or two I will actually buy and play it.

Made a quick mod to change around some values, mainly making it easier for the AI to handle the Zombie horde: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2435653089

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    tzu, Tigranes, Pfeffersack and 11 others like this.
  20. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Say what you will about the realism, the story-telling elements are pretty good.