[NFP] Portugal (March 2021) - Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Mar 25, 2021.

  1. Myomoto

    Myomoto King

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2013
    Messages:
    610
    Corporations mode being fixed, I think I will do a chill colonial economy game as Portugal :cool:
     
  2. AntSou

    AntSou Deity

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2019
    Messages:
    2,039
    Don't have time to play atm. Can't wait to listen to Sean Bean murdering it. But reading this:

    "João III, you stand firm in your beliefs and guide others to them. As you spread your religion and your trade networks beyond your shores, bring prosperity back to your people, so that they may experience new ways of being unlike any seen before."

    It seems they might originally have intended a more religious focus, at least at the time Sean Bean recorded it.
     
  3. João III

    João III Warlord

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2021
    Messages:
    142
    Location:
    Império Português
    I wonder if trade routes might've had an effect similar to pressure from Scripture before pivoting to exploration and increased trade yields
     
  4. Duuk

    Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2005
    Messages:
    1,975
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Detroit, Michigan, USA
    Both of those done several times. But it's not showing up as an available pack in my "Additional Content". My version number even matches.
     
  5. bbbt

    bbbt Deity

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2013
    Messages:
    2,392
    I'm a native English speaker who worked as English teacher abroad for a number of years, and I can safely say it's not a comprehension issue on your end...
     
    Vargas1, conorbebe, Pietato and 5 others like this.
  6. AriaLyric

    AriaLyric Nonbinary | Peaceful Builder

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2020
    Messages:
    485
    Haha nice they saw my post on the typos thread! Seems like Barbarian Carl's threat of cutting out my tongue with his dullest blade was empty after all!
    YES I CAN PLAY WITH THIS MODE NOW OH MY GOD FINALLY
    oh no no nO NO NO PLEASE
     
  7. Noble Zarkon

    Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2012
    Messages:
    6,212
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Gibraltar
    I don't know if this is new but a Barbarian Eagle Warrior just turned my Scout into a Builder! Good value from killing the EW and getting a 3 charge builder back!

    Also does it seem weird to anyone else that you can hire a unit from a barb camp and immediately send it to kill it's friends lol.
     
  8. 8housesofelixir

    8housesofelixir Emperor

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2020
    Messages:
    1,541
    Opened a game and it seems that the "Make This Deal More Equitable" bug had been fixed. When I press that button, the AI seems to reply properly.
     
  9. AriaLyric

    AriaLyric Nonbinary | Peaceful Builder

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2020
    Messages:
    485
    Just started playing! here's some interesting things:
    here's the alt jerseys for anyone interested who can't load the update yet. theres dark blue on white, dark red on light green, white on dark blue, and yellow on dark red
    Spoiler jerseys :
    20210325153347_1.jpg

    The capitalization of roman numerals was NOT fixed in the load screens, so the new leader's name shows as João Iii. Also, not pictured but yeah, that's some grade-F pronunciation of João right there. Sounds like [ʒəˈlaʊ(ŋ)]. Amazin
    Spoiler load screen :
    20210325160203_1.jpg

    And finally, the icon for the Torre de Belém has this funky little blue outline where the water goes, which is something no other water-based wonder has, tho honestly I'd really like it if water wonders all had it
    Spoiler torre outline :
    20210325160301_1.jpg
     
  10. Eagle Pursuit

    Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2010
    Messages:
    15,981
    Mercenaries...

    I forgot to check earlier when I was playing. What's the tech or civic for that new ziggurat wonder?
     
    Cooleatack and Noble Zarkon like this.
  11. AriaLyric

    AriaLyric Nonbinary | Peaceful Builder

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2020
    Messages:
    485
    writing
     
  12. Noble Zarkon

    Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2012
    Messages:
    6,212
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Gibraltar
    Writing!
     
  13. Tuvok694

    Tuvok694 Civ6 addict

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2002
    Messages:
    361
    Gender:
    Male
    Really? I am playing currently and for me the bug still exists.
     
    shaglio, conorbebe and Pfeffersack like this.
  14. Peserwin

    Peserwin Chieftain

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2017
    Messages:
    83
    Gender:
    Male
    Unfortunately, the devs didn't fix AI not improving their resources with corporations mode. They are still improving just one copy of their luxeries
     
  15. Tuvok694

    Tuvok694 Civ6 addict

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2002
    Messages:
    361
    Gender:
    Male
    First game as Portugal: Built some harbors, had lots of money from the many trade routes. But then the barbarians came with caravels long before I had my own special caravels. They pillaged the hell out of me, all harbors, many traders, even the fishing boats, never seen barbarians pillaging so aggressively. Unfortunately I had no good campus spots, built not enough campuses and before Renaissance era I was hopelessly behind in science. Can't buy science with gold unfortunately. Seems like Portugal is not that easy for mediocre players like me. They require a good long-term strategy.
     
  16. DogeEnricoDandolo

    DogeEnricoDandolo King

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2017
    Messages:
    747
    Gender:
    Male
    Can anyone check if the loading screen of Kublai Khan still confuses "martial" as "marshal"?
     
    8housesofelixir and AriaLyric like this.
  17. inquisitive_otter

    inquisitive_otter Warlord

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2019
    Messages:
    100
    • Fixed an issue where the ESC key would not close out the Treat the Clan UI.
    Yes!!! Best part of the patch.
     
  18. Pfeffersack

    Pfeffersack Deity

    Joined:
    May 10, 2003
    Messages:
    3,055
    Location:
    Germany
    I'm still experiencing it as well, though there are very rare occassions were this function works (but that is nothing new, see my post here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ounter-proposal-from-ai.666873/#post-16015252

    Having continued my old save, I sadly also didn't see any improvement here.

    ---

    @ Cultists

    My continued game is with Secret Socities activated and I have now entered the age where they become available. So far I only saw a single AI one for a turn - and it was actually moving out of my sight...as odd as it may sound, I'm not sure if I have actually seen them moving before...I always runned into those huge AI Cultist carpets, which seemed to be static. Too early to say if thats just a fluke or how far going the changes are, but it seems that at least something was changed here.
     
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    MrRadar likes this.
  19. Nerevatar

    Nerevatar Warlord

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2019
    Messages:
    192
    Gender:
    Male
    Great news! Firaxis actually thought about how the AI would struggle against zombies! Zombies attacking AI players actually get a -5 CS penalty. This value can be modded, so that the AI wont get as easily overrun.

    Other interesting stuff from the code:
    1. Zombies have a 50% chance to spawn when an Archeologist excavates a dig site! Indiana Jones anyone?
    2. A fresh kill by a zombie has 20% chance of spawning a Zombie. Other then that, Zombies have a chance (40%, 40%, 20%, 20%) to spawn after 5, 50, 100 and 150 turns! So you could fight a big war in the medieval era, and build a city atop the battlefield, and then during the modern eras zombies start coming up from the ground. Sounds fun! :D
    3. All attackable districts can spawn zombies "in exchange" for pops, not just City Centers. The chance of spawning Zombies is very low at 2%
    A bit of what they said at the stream and video was incorrect or incomplete, but in a good way. It has more depth and thought put into it then I expected. Unless someone reports some big problems with this mode within the first day or two I will actually buy and play it.

    Made a quick mod to change around some values, mainly making it easier for the AI to handle the Zombie horde: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2435653089
     
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    tzu, Tigranes, Pfeffersack and 11 others like this.
  20. Eagle Pursuit

    Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2010
    Messages:
    15,981
    Say what you will about the realism, the story-telling elements are pretty good.
     

Share This Page