[NFP] Portugal Reveal Video Discussion

Oh I didn't notice that, I actually meant the font itself. It's different than the one in-game atm. And as I stated before, Joao has a brand new model, new pixels, lighting and all.

They wouldn't just give a single civilization leader a brand new model, now, would they? Perhaps in thinking too much into it, but I would bet that a new expansion is coming or the April rebalance is going to be a coup de grace with more than just number tweaking.
Oh I see. Maybe the font change was a workaround to get the capitalization of roman numerals to look right?

Sri Lanka is already represented by Kandy.

Colombo was a British port FYI.
Considering European countries, Colombo was initially in the hands of Portugese, than the Dutch and finally Great Britain took over.

Maybe more than that, I'm going with a comprehensive UI chance, as the civilization screen has previews of unique units as well.

Just saying, one of my top 3 fav civs is Indonesia and I'm pretty sure it will annoy me if these Feitorias block my Kampung placement and there is nothing I can do about it. Sure, they provide a bit of yields but it is no match for a Kampung.

Moderator Action: Please mind your language, thanks --NZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saying, one of my top 3 fav civs is Indonesia and I'm pretty sure it will annoy the s*** out of me if these Feitorias block my Kampung placement and there is nothing I can do about it. Sure, they provide a bit of yields but it is no match for a Kampung.

Just keep your borders closed, or block their ships with yours.

Maybe it should be able to delete the Feitorias as soon as you go to war with Portugal?

Just keep your borders closed, or block their ships with yours.

Maybe it should be able to delete the Feitorias as soon as you go to war with Portugal?
They cannot be removed. I think the only way is to keep your borders closed. But then, Portugal can just declare war on you, move their Naus in and then peace out.

Okay, between Portugal and Byzantium, I'm thinking Spain will get a retool allowing missions to be built in opponent cities.

And remove that science bonus. Spain as a science civ? Feh.

Last edited:
Just saying, one of my top 3 fav civs is Indonesia and I'm pretty sure it will annoy the s*** out of me if these Feitorias block my Kampung placement and there is nothing I can do about it. Sure, they provide a bit of yields but it is no match for a Kampung.
Feitoria requires open borders with that civ, don't give them open borders and your fine.

I think Kampung need adjacent sea resources. So The only Issue with Feitorias, apart from Wonder Issue, is taking tiles away from building any coastal Improvements not just Kampung.

A very cool Civ. I wasn't expecting Portugal to be a science Civ, but it's a welcome take. The trade routes seem insane (+50% to all yields, not just gold, so get Wisselbanken and Alliances up and running), and you get so many. I'm somewhat confused about the Feitoria, I understand the bonuses to trade routes, but it also gives tile yields. Does the Civ you build it in get those yields, or does Portugal get them à la Vampire Castles? Regardless, I like this design a lot; it's pretty much the same vein as Portugal in Civ V, which while a good concept just didn't work all that well with the mechanics they were given. This seems very functional in Civ VI's design.

Both the civ design and Joao's model look like some of NFP's better work. Portugal may not have topped my wishlist, but at least the design is nice.

Both the civ design and Joao's model look like some of NFP's better work. Portugal may not have topped my wishlist, but at least the design is nice.
I have one rule with OP Civilizations: Make playing as them fun. Don't do Gran Colombia, do Maori. Don't do Korea, do Portugal.

I just clarified it above, they can declare war on you, build Feitoria and then peace out. or doesn't that qualify as Open Borders?
The description mentions Feitorias can be placed in territorry belonging to other civs and CS that Portugese have open borders with. So I assume war does not count and that it cannot be placed in neutral territory which soon will become part of a city.

Fitting that Civilization VI, a game with a UI themed after the Age of Discovery, comes to an end by adding one of the era's major players.

Top Bottom