1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Portugal YNAEMP: Iberian Rivalry!

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by danaphanous, Aug 23, 2016.

1. danaphanous

danaphanous religious fanatic

Finally got some time to record and got the next part.
    We have once again broken the backbone of the songhai army and they are on the run back across the desert. We also make new friends across the sea as we switch our army to offensive mode! The battle for Porto is about to begin! :D

Part 17: Offensive Switch

2. danaphanous

bwahahaha! Revenge feels so good. :D

The battle for Porto is on! After 1000 years of enslavement, the people of Porto will soon be free again from the evil Songhai Empire, and nothing will stop our bloodthirsty troops this time! :D

Part 17: Offensive Switch
    Part 18: The Porto Liberation

3. danaphanous

With our envoy to Songhai rejected yet again, anger grows in the small portuguese nation and it is becoming clear that peace will never be won without force! The evil Songhai empire must be crushed to be stopped and we craft a bold new plan to turn this 1000 year defensive war into an offensive one and bring the pain to them!

Part 19: Planning For Revenge

4. danaphanous

The conquest is beginning! :D

Between Rome and myself the Songhai Empire is crumbling, but not fast enough to keep from being annoying! This episode we wreck more of the Songhai army and take Taghaza cleanly after killing nearly all defenders. I do this to minimize warmonger hate (if he recaptured it I'd get more then usual having to retake because civ5 is broken like that). I'm trying to fly under the radar with this war and stay on good turns as many other people are at war and distracted atm. We have a good chance and all cities (even Songhai capital) are minor warmonger penalties so we should be good if we are careful. We will raze it as it has hardly any growth potential.

We also find an opportunistic Songhai caravel near our Atlantic trade routes and nearly kill it. Only to have it run away of 5 health and manage to pillage both our trade routes in a single turn? Stupid Songhai...can't wait to kill them! ;) It's probably just confirmation bias but it really seems to me like the AI can see stuff they shouldn't be able too. He wasn't close enough to see any of the trade ships at the time he ran away yet he got both in one turn? xD So infuriating. Probably just blind luck but we'll be out 50 gpt and 14 science for 6 turns in the capital to replace all of that...I thought the days of Songhai pillaging TR were over! :D

Also forgot this episode that I'd already bribed Rome in lol. Figured that out at the end. :)

Part 20: Sacking Taghaza

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  5. danaphanous

The war is going splendidly but suddenly Ethiopia decides they've had enough of Rome and attack, leaving us to fight Songhai on our own! We continue the assault but soon meet resistance. We steal our way into the industrial era. And Songhai's magic caravel continues its pillaging spree while we chase it all over the Atlantic.

Part 21: Ethiopian Invasion!

This week is super busy and I will most likely not have another recording by Friday. I'll try to have a weekend episode to make up for it! :)

6. danaphanous

With the Roman troops sent home to fight Ethiopia we are left on our own again against the once mighty Songhai army--and they are rebuilding fast! Can we stand head to head with them on open ground and take Tombouctu?

Part 22: Taking Tombouctu!

7. danaphanous