Portugal

Yes and it also seemed to me that the science from movement don't count into the city science production , not creating science happiness.

my incas are very diligent , and ascetic , 9 cities in the classical era , but they do like it tall , that's why they are taking india and mongol's land ^^
Right, it goes to your empire science pool.

I really like the Feitorias for sure. They are really strong and can really boost your cities.
Putting them all over the world with your Naus is also very fun.
The UA is good at first, but fizzles in the later eras. I like it for the early boost, but it is the Feitorias which carries Portugal through the game.

Hey guys, I think the recent bug fix of resource diversity modifier has made Feitoria kind of a broken improvement... Around +40 foods and +60 prods are earned from a single trade route, thus when you connect it all to the capital you see something like this.

feit.png

Capital growing every three turns, and all wonders finished within 3 turns even with massive monopoly penalty.

I know from the case of Morocco and Carthage that you guys are really generous about balancing civs that has trade route related abilities, but shouldn't this be dealt in some way asap?

Can you show one of your trade routes that is providing this bonus? For example, here's mine:
upload_2022-4-11_19-49-3.png

upload_2022-4-11_19-49-21.png

Currently, the Feitoria gives food & production equal to 1/4 (neutral) 1/3 (friendly) 1/2 (allied) of produced gold (not including the gold gained from influence over the city state = 1 (friendly) or 2(allied) * current era).

Last edited:
Can you show one of your trade routes that is providing this bonus? For example, here's mine:
View attachment 624660
View attachment 624661

Currently, the Feitoria gives food & production equal to 1/4 (neutral) 1/3 (friendly) 1/2 (allied) of produced gold (not including the gold gained from influence over the city state = 1 (friendly) or 2(allied) * current era).

Sure pal. Here's two of them. It's Modern Era currently.

1.png

2.png

The problem is that the gold yield from the trade routes are already like 100+ per route after the resource diversity modifier fix.
Not only for Portugal, playing as other civs I also found out that trade route yields have been dramatically increased after I updated the mod to 2.0.3.
So if you were to let gold yield to remain I think Feitoria's food & production formula should be changed.

I personally wish overall gold yields to decrease tho. Gold really is a key yield that can transfer to production, science, military power, diplomatic influence, and many other important aspects of this game. So once you reach this amount of gold, you can just spam every buildings and units and become a top civ easily, which in turn makes the game too loose. That's why I always claim Carthage and Morocco is op af. Their gold pumping makes the game too easy. But for now Portugal seems to be more urgent issue...

Anyways I hope these screenshots help.
For my mod-mods I used Pdan's belief, 3/4uc and events and decisions(CBO). None seemed to be responsible for trade route yield though.

Everything is correct calculation-wise.

The vast majority of the contributor is Lisbon's gold per turn and the resource diversity modifier. The patch's fix to the diversity modifier changed its contribution to the Lisbon-Mogadishu trade route yield from 1.5 to 62. Quite a large jump.

The extra resources from East India Company don't seem to count for the diversity modifier, but it DOES give an extra 25% anyway.

There doesn't seem to be a good way of bringing the gold back down, other than a change to how resource diversity works. Currently, it counts EVERY luxury resource you own and EVERY luxury resource they own (with resources that are part of a monopoly owned by each city's controller counting double). In the past, it only used to count one of each luxury and only if the other city did not also have a copy. Maybe we should try this again. The Monopoly bonus is out of nowhere as well.

Last edited:
Yes, those gold/prod/food numbers need to be divided by 2 at least.

How does Lisbon get 9 local Luxury resources though? Does it count luxuries from allied city-states? From Feitoria's in CS? From Admirals' voyages?
Perhaps that's where the intervention needs to focus. If we know cities have a range of e.g. 0 to 5 luxury resources (Indonesia?) it gets easier to tune the formula.

Yes, those gold/prod/food numbers need to be divided by 2 at least.

How does Lisbon get 9 local Luxury resources though? Does it count luxuries from allied city-states? From Feitoria's in CS? From Admirals' voyages?
Perhaps that's where the intervention needs to focus. If we know cities have a range of e.g. 0 to 5 luxury resources (Indonesia?) it gets easier to tune the formula.
I'll check how it got upto 9 lux for Lisbon once I get home. But definitely not due to feitoria or admiral I suppose, cuz I ran that whole game to experiment whether those two affect luxury diversity modifier. It turned out not.

I've just had a look at it. Now I understand what Rekk said.

So there's 4 citrus and 1 coral near Lisbon. Citrus is with monopoly but coral is not. So since the resource with monopoly counts double, and each individual resource is counted instead of each type of resources, it counts citrus(4 x 2) + coral(1) = 9 resources near Lisbon.

Now I get why capital to capital trade routes yielded extreme amount of golds... If this is the case I would say 10% for every local lux present is definitely too much. It's already doubling the total yield. Personally think 2~5% per resource if remaining this formula, considering east india company and Carthage. Rolling back to previous way of counting also sounds nice.

It should just be counting UNIQUE resources (luxury+strategic) instead of every instance.

damn, I might be about to win my first deity game, but it seems from this thread that those sweet trade route numbers with Carthage were unintended :D

Top Bottom