1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Poser Lighting/Rendering help

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by polyphemus, Jun 30, 2010.

1. polyphemus

polyphemus join the long blue line

WOW, It's been a long time since i last posted...couple of years lol. Im starting to get back in the business, but i seem to have forgotten the poser setting for lighting. The standard settings have 3 light, all infinite, and i set the shadow too lime green, however when i render it, it renders two separate shadows that i dont see in the animating window. Now when i adjust the shadows so only one is animated, i still dont get the one in the animating window.

I want the rendered version to look close to the preview. ie shadows and lighting

Attached Files:

2. General 666

General 666 Culturebringer

:band:
    Oh ,an old member returns. Even a unit maker for Sci-Fi.:banana: Welcome back ,Sir.:salute:
    You should be lucky with your question. Lot of folks here is using Poser atm. Good luck.

3. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

polyphemus... This can Help you. Open it and save the settings you want.
    You can change the Camera Focal Distance as you prefer. This one is set at 100 for example.

Attached Files:

4. polyphemus

sweet thanks! Glad more people are using poser now, before it was all blender and openfx along with 3ds max.

5. tom2050

tom2050 Deity

The Poser version I bought some time ago has some strange issues on Vista. It used to crash all the time, now it doesn't do that any longer (after I did something to make it stop), but runs like a slug. It has pretty much gone to the shelf because of this.

I was thinking about picking up Carrara, if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I've heard it is similar to Poser. If there is a version around the $100 range, I might look into it.

Conversions in 3ds are pretty straightforward, but making a new model, texture, and animation from scratch is a completely different story.

6. polyphemus

yeah i have windows 7 and my poser randomly crashes for some reason too...

7. polyphemus

so i dont know what i did, but now regardless of what color i specify the shadow underneath the animation window, i always get a dark shadow color when i render it. SO even if i want A LIME GREEN shadow i still get the dark one.

8. Vuldacon

The Preview Window is Only for your Preference as to how you want to View that Window...Not the settings for Rendering. Adjust the Ground and Background settings to change the Rendered images.

Shadows are affected by the Ground Color Settings.

Look in the Materials Room for Ground.
    Check Ground Color settings and Uncheck "Shadow Catch Only" in the Advanced Room.

You can play around with the Ambient Ground Color if you want Green Shadows when Rendering. Set the Ambient Ground Color to Green and Render for example.

9. polyphemus

so this is a little test to see if this renders right....but for some reason my texture/prop disappears when i render it????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

the attached is what i want it to look like, the render has it just disappear/become very light almost completely transparent, i tried fiddling with the transparency settings, but that only affects the texture planes the smoke is on since there are 5 layers of smoke on 2d planes. SO decreasing the transparency turns the planes into the diffuse color instead of the textures themselves getting darker....and the diffuse options obviously dont do anything because the planes are transparent...so i guess im asking how do darken the bitmaps??? maybe thats the right question??? or do i have to do that in a 2d editting programs?

Attached Files:

10. Vuldacon

polyphemus... In the Material Room, Color the Diffuse Color 100, 0, 100 for Each Smoke Plane.
    Set the Highlight and Ambient as Black 0, 0, 0
    Map Strength, Transparency and Edge, set to 100% and Falloff 0.000

Use each Smoke Plane as the Transparency Map when setting up.

Note that you may need to experiment with the Diffuse Color to get exactly the Shadow Shade you want for the Black Smoke but 100, 0, 100 should provide you with the basic range of your Uploaded Image.

...Also be sure to rotate the Smoke Planes so they Face the Camera.