Poser Template for 240x240 Frame

NavyDawg

Audentes Fortuna Iuvat
For Poser Users: This is a minor modification to the new unit setup file in Utah's tutorial. I changed the main camera settings (focal and dollyY) so that you can make a unit in a 240x240 frame and it will be centered and scaled in game. Use this larger frame when your unit can't fit in the 100x100 one. Hope this is helpful for someone (other than me).:)

Attachments

• New Unit 240.zip
    10.8 KB · Views: 247
Some unit's animations will naturally go outside a 100x100 frame. With my recent bug, I had to copy and paste each row in each storyboard to raise it 15 pixels so it would fit in the unit circle thing in game. If I had used these settings to begin with, it would have saved a lot of time. Live and learn. I have tested these setting in game and they work well with PDM. With other models, you may have to adjust the focal setting a bit to get the size you want. Glad this helps.

It's also good if your unit has magical attacks or some similar special effects, which take up a lot of space.

Thanks for this, NavyDawg - very useful. I've had problems getting the scale right with large frames, and I too had to C&P the frames to have the unit properly centred. However, it turns out that you can use Civ3FlcEdit to change the offset of units easily, which means that if your unit isn't properly centred you can correct it without cutting and pasting.

Plotinus, thanks for the info. I have CivIIIFlicEdit, but I have never used it. Guess I should take a look at it.

Stormrage, yes, the Bug was my first unit that really needed larger frames. Next one is also using a large frame, see preview below. I use 100x100 when I can. Faster renders (I think) and smaller file sizes.:)

Attachments

• ST_Drop.gif
    ST_Drop.gif
    88.5 KB · Views: 190
Top Bottom