1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[POSSIBLE BUG] Can't liberate another civ's capital?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by Auncien, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Auncien

Auncien Prince

Hey there. I attacked two cities occupied by civ x but formerly owned by civ y. Civ y had been totally conquered, but upon retaking one of their old non-capital cities I was given the opportunity to liberate it (which I did). When I came upon their original capital it only gave the options to annex or puppet... no liberate. I had to manually return the capital to them via trade at which time the game announced that civ y (china) had retaken their original capital.

2. ainwood

ainwood Consultant. Administrator

I'm not sure about this one. I *think* that its something to do with the fact that you need to capture the capitals to win a domination victory. I'll list it as a "possible bug".

3. Kaveh

Kaveh Chieftain

I'm having the same problem of bringing a dead Civ to life by liberating one of their (non-capital) cities. I don't remember what happened when I captured the former capital.

The Civ in question is America, which had been wiped out by Rome. Upon capturing Boston (not America's capital), I got the option to liberate the city. Liberating resulted in America coming back into existence. This is a first time I'm seeing a dead Civ coming back to life in the entire Civ franchise history, so I assume it's a bug.

Also, when searching the Civilopedia for the word "liberate", the text clearly says that City-States can be liberated, but says nothing about bringing Civs back to life.

I'm attaching my save from before capturing Boston. Boston is around the center of the left continent.

Attached Files:

4. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

If you look at the Diplomatic Victory Screen, it has a column for Liberated Civs. (They have to vote for you, just like liberated city-states)

I think this is working as intended.

5. SatanasOz

SatanasOz Chieftain

True - but I to found it odd. Maybe another option in the "City Captured" menu after you liberated a civ labeled: "Return to original owner" - just like in BtS

6. Jaraxle

Jaraxle Chieftain

After a game where the romans decided to give me everything they had captured in a Peace agreement I saw this happen

I was able to liberate 2 of the civs Capitals but not the final one (the guy with river warlord I forget his name).

7. Barking Iguana

Barking Iguana Chieftain

If you want to liberate a city-state or a conquered capital and your enemy wants to surrender, you can't accept their surrender.

Moderator Action: Threads merged. The_J