Possible Bug

JaeSunRyoo

Chieftain
Hi all, I'm new here so sorry if I make any mistakes in this post.
Spoiler :
I know this forum kinda seems dead, but I might as well give it a try posting my problem here.

Currently playing a Marathon game on Immortal, as Korea, Continental Map with 22 civs and 41 CS (i think that's the max you can have). Domination victory only, because why not?

I've reached the point where I'm in the information era, few other civs (Austraia and Greece) are Atomic whilst India is also Information era. All other remaining civs are fairly insignificant due to the wars they lost.

My problem: I've been building up some air forces to protect my region (after India's finished with Austria, no doubt he'll come after the rest of us on the other continent), and decided I wanted to wipe a minor Civ (Spain I think it is) to clear up some expansion space. Note that I haven't trained or used any planes up until I could get jet fighters. To my utter dismay, whilst I had sufficient line of sight on my targets, none of my planes would attack the available targets which were in range and showing up in a red circle as targets.

I've tried everything I can think of; restarting the client, selecting the units from the Military overview, going to IGE and seeing if deleting and respawning all my carriers/airplanes would do anything at all.... nothing. All other combat is fine: land and naval wise. Even helicopter combat is fine; tested all of them in IGE. However, it seems that carrier-based or city-based aircraft, whilst they have the option to attack/intercept/air sweep etc do not execute their attacks. I've tried air sweeping as well, that seems to work. Haven't tried interception yet, I will need to see to that if that works at all.

It's been very frustrating since I'm around 1060+ turns into this round and would be daunted at the prospect of having to restart another game because of this very annoying bug (if it is one).

My mind has fallen on the possibility that mods have done something with this;I am yet to try a game to test if having no mods affects air combat at all. However, I will provide a list of mods that I currently use and see if anyone could provide me with any assistance in the matter, which would be great.

Thanks!
Jae

Game version (yes, I know, it's old. This might be a source of the problem too: 1.0.3.144, BNW)
Spoiler Mods used :

Advanced Air Units (v13)
Civ-Linked Great Generals (v11)
Garrison Training (v4)
IGE (v39)
New Cities Penallties Removed (v1) - yes, I used this mod. Spit on me.
No maintenance mod (troops) (v1) - yes, I used this mod too. Spit on me.
No Rod maintenance (v2)
No Unit Limit (v1)
Not Another City States Mod (v11)
Prehistoric Era (BNW) (v13)
Really Advanced Setup (v15)
The No More Civilian Traffic Jams (NMCTJs) Mod (v1)
Wonder Race (v3)
Workable Mountains (v1)

I don't use any of these mods, but if you are using an outdated game version and your mods have been updated for the latest game version (1.0.3.279), you can expect mod mischief. Just update your game version and see if that fixes the issue.

Thanks for the reply, I will try out your advice.

One question - does upgrading the game mean that I can't play my previous save anymore from an old version?

There is always the potential for wonky save game behavior with any game (or mod) update, but you certainly should give it a try.

Update: Haven't updated the game version yet, but have been playing around with turning the mods on/off.

Noted that it was the Advanced Air Units mod that was making my game bug out when it came to air attacks.

Funny thing: when declaring war on any CS or a civ for the first time, air attacks are just fine.

However, after that, no more air attacks can be done on that civ/CS, with any sort of plane or missile for that matter.

Tried it out with the mod creator's mod bundle; still the same bug persists. It's very annoying, but I will now see if updating the game does anything to remedy the problem.

If all else fails, I will see if I can contact the mod maker, though he seems to have thus given up on updating the mod, and would probably refuse to help looking at his tone of voice and how "sick he is of all the complaints".

Nevertheless, try I will.

Oh yeah, for that matter: barbarian camp attacks don't work at all, whatsoever. Just writing it down in case anyone else has this problem with the Advanced Air Units mod series.

Top Bottom