Possible Explanation on how the Incas Built their Perfectly Fitting Stone Walls

RobS

Warlord
YouTube video on how the Incas perhaps built their perfectly fitted stone walls. Just under 20 minutes.

Sillustsni is an archaeological site, not a people, the people who built it are the Qulla, and while their architectural skill is incredible - it's a pattern that's all about rectangular stones with right angles. Something that's markedly absent from Incan architecture. So the idea that Incan buildings are Qulla architecture is not really supported by facts.

Having visited Machuu Piccu it really is mind boggling amazing. Apparently its not even the most impressive, just the one that's got the most tourist attention.

Sat atop the mountain really is breathtaking.

Got so silent. Felt like adding something
It wasn't the Incas. It was the Sillustani. A nearby people the Inca invaded and got to work for them.
Am not surprised. I hear they had a very dominant warrior class. Sun worship... for sure sounded like a good idea, at some point. I don't doubt. It is not. A loving God will never ask you to worship him as some kind of might outside and above you. A true God will always be a loving God. A bow to the sky can be a good idea. I recently picked it up as a new ritual of mine. Needed a replacement. It helps me to humble myself, and reminds myself that from dust I came and to dust I will go. But what is death but a door step. At least to those walking the path of heart and virtue. Others... might actually have some solid reason to dread death. To each as was chosen.

Though don't take this as a free out of jail card. As a good life, a good death does matter.

The downside is this: a true God of Love also always will do, what needs to be done, to make love triumph, should his or her children have lost their way. Enslaved to their own sinfulness.

The true light always is within. So someone carrying it is not here to blind others but to make them shine along. Some kind of "End of Days" is also a grim and serious affair. Sure. And... it is the best opportunity one will ever find to put ones own heart to the test. And shine along. That is the point. And if embraced as such, it may turn out as the best thing that ever happened to you.

Last edited:
Got so silent. Felt like adding something

Am not surprised. I hear they had a very dominant warrior class. Sun worship... for sure sounded like a good idea, at some point. I don't doubt. It is not. A loving God will never ask you to worship him as some kind of might outside and above you. A true God will always be a loving God. A bow to the sky can be a good idea. I recently picked it up as a new ritual of mine. Needed a replacement. It helps me to humble myself, and reminds myself that from dust I came and to dust I will go. But what is death but a door step. At least to those walking the path of heart and virtue. Others... might actually have some solid reason to dread death. To each as was chosen.

Though don't take this as a free out of jail card. As a good life, a good death does matter.

The downside is this: a true God of Love also always will do, what needs to be done, to make love triumph, should his or her children have lost their way. Enslaved to their own sinfulness.

The true light always is within. So someone carrying it is not here to blind others but to make them shine along. Some kind of "End of Days" is also a grim and serious affair. Sure. And... it is the best opportunity one will ever find to put ones own heart to the test. And shine along. That is the point. And if embraced as such, it may turn out as the best thing that ever happened to you.
More than a warrior class. The whole set up was very militant with controlled travel etc.

Even more amazing is not how tight the stones fit but how they were moved without the use of wheeled tech.

Round was considered sacred due to sun and moon being round.

Sillustsni is an archaeological site, not a people, the people who built it are the Qulla, and while their architectural skill is incredible - it's a pattern that's all about rectangular stones with right angles. Something that's markedly absent from Incan architecture. So the idea that Incan buildings are Qulla architecture is not really supported by facts.
Very interesting. Even right angles on those circular towers at the Sillustani site?

Have you got a good link ?

Here is my photo of Sillustani. I see what you mean about sharp right angles.
20220715_120143.jpg

Here is a wall in Cusco which includes various masonry including the close fitting but more rounded Inca style.
20220715_120253.jpg

Here is a well known part of Machu Pichu which is different again and looks more like megalith building.
20220715_120407.jpg

Regarding my original post, I don't think this is the method used to make the joints because it seems that it would only work for horizontal joints, not the equally tight vertical joints.
Back to the drawing board.

Having visited Machuu Piccu it really is mind boggling amazing. Apparently its not even the most impressive, just the one that's got the most tourist attention.

Sat atop the mountain really is breathtaking.
I was there once, was my first international trip. It's really breathtaking. But not just Machu Pichu has this amazing stones, Cusco also has one rock of 12 angles.
I guess they made this rock in the Male / Female squema. One rock have a holl and the another have a stick and both can be united in a male/female union. But still very impressive how each rock was exactly design for each corner of the buildings.

Top Bottom