Possible extraterrestrial scenario?

Personally, I wouldn't surprised if the next Civ V expansion is an Alpha Centauri update. It's a logical progression.

As for War of the Worlds/Falling Skies scenario, The Martians could initially show up with their tripods and start trying to harvest our strategic resources and raze cities. Perhaps the resources are siphoned off completely, and the site of the former city is rendered uninhabitable with that insidious poison gas of theirs. A mothership apperas over its lifeless ruins.

There's no way to initiate dialogue with the Martians, but if they start to lose enough units, they'll begin offering a select civ or two a deal. "Greetings, human! In exchange for your allegiance, we will offer you technologies that will make you masters of your filthy pink kind! The choice is that, or death!" Of course, what they don't tell you up front is that if they continue to fall short on their quotas, they'll make demands for *your* resources and even your cities. How about a demand for half your capital's population (Mars needs women, after all)?

As the war progresses, you start to see things like genetically-spliced hybrid-cyborg warriors produced. Meanwhile, the human opposition can harvest science from the defeated Martians.

If there are alien civilizations that come to earth, that means they have the technology to freely traverse the galaxy at will. Our technology is "stone age" compared to theirs. It would be like an army of warriors trying to defend against a fleet of stealth bombers and giant death robots. We earthlings wouldn't have a chance.

And the war of the worlds scenario where bacteria kills the aliens is nonsense. Humans have technology to handle bacteria. So if aliens have the technology to traverse the galaxy at will, I'm pretty sure they have the technology to defend against bacteria.

what about fall from heaven 3 scenarious , goddamit i miss FFH so much!
i want those developers release for Civ 5 Brave New World

If there are alien civilizations that come to earth, that means they have the technology to freely traverse the galaxy at will. Our technology is "stone age" compared to theirs. It would be like an army of warriors trying to defend against a fleet of stealth bombers and giant death robots. We earthlings wouldn't have a chance.

And the war of the worlds scenario where bacteria kills the aliens is nonsense. Humans have technology to handle bacteria. So if aliens have the technology to traverse the galaxy at will, I'm pretty sure they have the technology to defend against bacteria.
They're Martians. They're only coming a short hop. And according the Wells' novel, the aliens actually had large gaps in knowledge. They didn't utilize wheels in their machines, for instance.

At any rate, such overanalysis of a flight of fancy is jejune. Obviously, nobody expects realism from War of the Worlds, Falling Skies, or Indenendence Day. Next we'll be having one of those discussions about how impractical zombie apocalypses are.

But that's presumption about something that's utterly speculative, as is saying that aliens wouldn't have blindspots or weaknesses in their technology, biology, or tactics.

So, about that zombie apocalypse... :rolleyes:

I'd love to see a War of the Worlds scenario myself.

Personally, I wouldn't surprised if the next Civ V expansion is an Alpha Centauri update. It's a logical progression.

There won't be an Alpha Centauri due to EA owning the license for that product and I doubt they would share it with 2K, however, if the next one was Civ 5 Tau Ceti or Sirius I would not be shocked

They're Martians. They're only coming a short hop. And according the Wells' novel, the aliens actually had large gaps in knowledge. They didn't utilize wheels in their machines, for instance.

At any rate, such overanalysis of a flight of fancy is jejune. Obviously, nobody expects realism from War of the Worlds, Falling Skies, or Indenendence Day. Next we'll be having one of those discussions about how impractical zombie apocalypses are.

Well if they are from Mars then I guess they don't necessarily have to be much more advanced than humans. If there was a civilization on Mars, Earthlings will probably have the technology to launch a full scale invasion within 100 years.

But most likely if there was some sort of "visitation", they would be coming from some other solar system.

I suppose if there's an X-com unit then why not make their enemy? I always wanted to see the inclusion of e.t.'s in Civ in some way or another and this could be a cool idea. If the addition of extra terrestrials become a possibility then make it an extreme rarity. Include as an event or maybe a ruin like Roswell. Perhaps become an archeological find but of course much,much rarer. Discovering one should also give finder a bonus to science or maybe even an instant tech.

Top Bottom