1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible Huge Map problems

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by pholtz, Jan 23, 2018.

1. pholtz

pholtz Chieftain

I have been having problems on a Huge map. My machine has 16Gigs of RAM so it should be able to handle huge maps. Also it is Windows X. Problems I have seen:

1 - game crashes and even though previous save is used, game crashed again at the same spot (end turn), even if different actions are preformed.

2 - After conquering all the capitals I can find, game tells me there are two more capitals of unmet players. Complete map reveal shows that no capital is currently controlled by any AI player. It seems that the capitals were destroyed somehow, possibly after being captured by barbarians. A domination victory becomes impossible. I have seen a report of the same problem, also on a Huge map, on the Steam forums.

Maybe these problems don't have anything to do with Huge maps, but I kept running into crashes on Huge maps which caused me to give up the game for a while. The last problem didn't cause a crash but does seem to result from some kind of data corruption.

2. Goliht

Goliht Chieftain

Don't know if this is a huge map problem, as I get this random crash (just had one a few mins ago) on huge, large, standard maps.

For awhile I was crashing every 20-30 turns, seemingly randomly, I then disabled the Real Time protection under Windows Defender, it cut crashes to maybe 1 or 2 per game. My last crash occurred just after selecting multiple archers and moving them en masse across map and using right click to attack a city, the music stopped the screen jiggled slightly and the game ctd'd. Most of the random crashes I get are in this way, they also occur during the ai's turn. Often if I just leave civ running in the background, ie to answer the phone or door or get something to eat, ie maybe be afk for 10-15mins the game almost always crashes.

I'd like to find the crash logs so I can try to problem solve this. As it is getting annoying now.