1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible issue with colonies + unrestricted leaders (Better BAT AI)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG, BAT and BULL)' started by duckstab, Feb 26, 2017.

1. duckstab

duckstab Child of Noble Family

I've never seen this before. I'm running a game where one of the leaders is Cyrus of Egypt. This last turn, one of the AIs (Alexander of the Zulus) spun off a colony: Cyrus of Babylon.

Known issue? Should I report it as a bug? I can upload a save if anyone wants to look at it.

2. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Smarticus Pantsidae

It's not a known issue. It's definitely a bug. I'll try to track it down and see if I can fix it. Thanks for letting me know. :)

3. duckstab

Thanks, Lemon! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

4. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Smarticus Pantsidae

@duckstab:

Sorry for the delay in responding. You may have found a vanilla bug from the original game. With some help from Nightinggale, I've been able to track down the functions in the source code. I'm looking now to see if it can be fixed - or not. Nightinggale thinks that it may be a leftover from the original game. Testing or something, and it was never supposed to be an issue.

Better BAT AI's code does not touch the colony logic, as far as I know, so I don't think the mod is causing the problem. It's just one of those weird things that happens, I guess.

5. duckstab