1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible Leaderhead Preview: Female Egyptian

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by psycow87, Jul 15, 2004.

1. psycow87

psycow87 Chieftain

The eyes do change but its very slight. I hope to improve that before the release.

2. psycow87

psycow87 Chieftain

OK I have a new preview: The Modern Era. Tell me what you think about it.

Attached Files:

3. Dom Pedro II

Dom Pedro II Modder For Life

Super Cleo! Flying through the air she battles evil doers everywhere! ;)

4. stainz

stainz Prince

erm.. nope.. ya ever see bugs bunny in a dress groucho

5. CrazyAce

CrazyAce Prince

Ahhahhhh.... Oh crap now I gotta change my shorts....

Her nose is well kind of flat and long, around the nostrils area... I wouldn't even know how to explan on how to fix that problem. I mean don't get me wrong; she is beautiful.

6. psycow87

psycow87 Chieftain

Ok Ive put together what the different eras might look like. Unfortunately I havent been able to find any middle eastern style clothes :mad: so instead of searching for years for something Ill probably never find I decided to work with what I have. I need some better backgrounds though, especially in the medieval since theres a tourist over her sholder that I didnt notice untill rendering :lol: so if anyone has a suggestion for a better background (for any of the eras) post it. Also I am very aware of the strange eyes and intend on fixing them. Another thing I just noticed is that every time I post a preview I have moved the camera back a little :rolleyes: I dont know If I should just leave it like this or zoom back in farther. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

7. frenchman

frenchman Present is past of future

This leader is great !! :goodjob: for the middle age background may I suggest to make a copy of the left part of the picture to the right side in order to delete this tourist ? ... For the industrial age the hat is not very cool ...for a queen ... but :goodjob: ...

8. psycow87

psycow87 Chieftain

Thanks for the comments :) I will try to delete the tourist. I was thinking the same thing about the hat... It makes her look more like a maid then a queen so I will try and find a better industrial hat. I have no idea what I was thinking when I used it but I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time...

9. frenchman

From test to test you will arrive to a perfect result !! :)

EDIT :Have you tested the result in 256 colors palette ?

10. psycow87

psycow87 Chieftain

Yes I have and the results are not too encouraging.I know I probably sound like a little kid but do you have any suggestions to make it look better? Is there a way to make it look better? because this is kinda sad ;)

I have no ide whats up here but it actually looks better on the site :confused:

11. frenchman

I have the same problem with the 256 palette ... Very difficult to obtain a "so-good" result than in 16 millions colors..
    I have found some solutions which help a little bit :

1- when I create a leader I limit the number of color used for the leader and the background , more you have different colors more the 256 color result is bad..( for example the color of the eyes is the same that the one of the jewelry ... it's often the case in real life too .. ), limit the number of textures for example one texture for gold , one for silver but not two different for gold etc ...
    2- I have tried to make a color palette only on the leader ( without background )and I load this palette on the picture with background it has for result to disadvantage the background and you have a leader ok because you made the palette on it ...If the colors of the background are near the ones of the leader you obtain a correct result and the leader is fine that's our target ...But it doesn't work if the background is very different ...or you have strange effects on the background ....

This is the state of my experience at the moment if you find some others solutions please could you post it ?

EDIT : test the result in 200 x 240 size some times it changes the visual result and it's the size of the game ...

12. psycow87

psycow87 Chieftain

Thanks for the tips :thanx: The result is slightly better for the 200x240 size. I will try your suggestions tommorrow.

13. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

What graphics program are you useing to edit the images? If you're using PsP, when you reduce the image to 256 colors and the dialog box pops up, select "median cut" and "nearest color" for best results, although "octree" is occasionally better, and usually leaves the last two colors of the palette (the transparent "colors") blank.