Possible new unit: Monk

Kindred72

Vampire
I believe someone was asking for this, do you still want it? Cuz I have a feeling this one's gonna be a pain.

Possible attack preview

Attachments

• attackapreview.gif
    attackapreview.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 216
did someone mention the Inquisitor?

I am looking for an Inquisitor animation, though something a bit more martial than this monk.

You might find it more fun to make too.

edit: removed pics to keep the thread on topic

Well, I saw your inquisitor, and I thought about giving it a go. But, I also saw that grey fox was gonna do it.

My Idea was more of a Religous attack, that is striking down the opponenet using the "hand of god" ie. pointing the cross at him. It would also work well with a priest fighting undead units. I thought about having him wack people with the cross, but, it seemed silly. I can't see a monk doing that.

But, I'm making this unit for you guys, so let me know what you want.

I was going more for the Monty Python whacking idea, but I too considered the Spiritual attack with my Inquistor concept. Though eventually I decided I would rather save it just for the fortification, i.e. calling on God to protect him.

Originally posted by gael
Ideally, attack would be with the cross (conversion), and defense would be with a sword.

I don't know if you can do this though.

You want me to give him a sword??

and What do you mean "conversion"?

well, during the inquisition they (the clerical types) weren't allowed to draw blood. I don't know if that was a general rule, but from my understanding even chaplains in the armies predered to use maces so as not to cut their opponents. I get this information from the History Channel so I can;t point to any particular book or website with more details.

Originally posted by Kal-el
well, during the inquisition they (the clerical types) weren't allowed to draw blood. I don't know if that was a general rule, but from my understanding even chaplains in the armies predered to use maces so as not to cut their opponents.

You want me to give him a mace? and have him fight?

Let's find out if grey fox is gonna do the inquisitor before i try it.

Originally posted by Kindred72

You want me to give him a sword??

and What do you mean "conversion"?

I meant both, as in he attacks (converts/subdues cities/armys with religion)
But when under threat, uses the sword to defend himself and the church (like the medievil monks during the viking raids)

It was just a thought, not a critism.
I love this unit, and the cross would work for both.
Its like i said, IDEALY, but not so its a pain in the arse to make.;) :)

well, no. I was saying that if you are going to make the monk fight it should be with a mace.

If you do end up making the Inquisitor for whatever reason, then I would like him to have a sword and look as much like the concept sketches I put together. I was just joking around because if you did end up giving him a sword he would most certainly start looking like my Inquisitor.

Top Bottom