[GS] Possible to make builders move to same tile neutral units?

Taa

Warlord
Hi

I wonder if it is possible to make builders move to tiles occupied by neutral units?
I think religious units can do this, and sometimes neutral units seem to get stuck inside my territory early in the game making it impossible to build improvements.

Looking forward to some comments :)
Have fun.

Religious non-combat units are a bit like trade route "units": they are on their own Map-Layer, and so don't interfere with normal units passing through or occupying the same tile. Workers and other "normal" civilians however occupy the same Map-Layer as combat units like Archers and Warriors, so cannot occupy the same tile as a combat unit that belongs to other players. Builders and Settlers can pass through allied units, but cannot pass through friendly (non-ally) or neutral units.

I also personally find it annoying that my combat units can pass through neutral and non-ally friendly combat units but my Settlers and Builders cannot.

But I don't believe it would be possible to make Builders and Settlers pass through as we would like them to be able to. It might be possible by turning them into a hybrid Civilian/Combat unit by giving them combat power and assigning them to a promotion-class, but the Ai players would probably not be able to understand what to do with such units. My guess is they would never use them as Builders or Settlers, they would always use them as combat units -- this is what always happened in Civ5, and my guess is the same behavior would tend to manifest in Civ6.

Religious non-combat units are a bit like trade route "units": they are on their own Map-Layer, and so don't interfere with normal units passing through or occupying the same tile. Workers and other "normal" civilians however occupy the same Map-Layer as combat units like Archers and Warriors, so cannot occupy the same tile as a combat unit that belongs to other players. Builders and Settlers can pass through allied units, but cannot pass through friendly (non-ally) or neutral units.

I also personally find it annoying that my combat units can pass through neutral and non-ally friendly combat units but my Settlers and Builders cannot.

But I don't believe it would be possible to make Builders and Settlers pass through as we would like them to be able to. It might be possible by turning them into a hybrid Civilian/Combat unit by giving them combat power and assigning them to a promotion-class, but the Ai players would probably not be able to understand what to do with such units. My guess is they would never use them as Builders or Settlers, they would always use them as combat units -- this is what always happened in Civ5, and my guess is the same behavior would tend to manifest in Civ6.

Uh. They use military engineers for their role, don't they? Those have health... sort of. I think it's worth a try.

Top Bottom