1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible World Wonder: Nazca Lines

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Bongo-Bongo, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Bongo-Bongo

Bongo-Bongo The Master

The myterious earth drawings in South America, the Nazca lines should, IMO, be added to the game as a World Wonder. here is what I would propose should be its strengths:

+8 Culture, +2 Great People (Artist or Prophet depending on programmers interpretation of the meaining of the lines.

+1 Happy for all national cities containing state religion.

Requires: Mathematics

Obselete: Scientific Method

What do you think?

2. MrCynical

MrCynical Deity

Well I think they're impressive enough to be consider a wonder of the world. As to their meaning I'm at rather a loss, but I'd guess religious, and so should give great prophets. I can't see much other reason for a civilization without flight to make artwork that can only be appreciated from the air.

3. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

I think this is a terrific idea! :)

4. Dark Helmet

Dark Helmet Chieftain

The Nazca Lines would be an awesome addition. I have always felt the Civilization series could do with a little more great wonders from Ancient America. Like the Serpent Mound for example.

5. slothman

slothman Emperor

Though they are religious in origin, I believe, great engineer points might be better.
    We still don't know how things that only seem to have a airplane like use could have a use.

6. Brighteye

Brighteye intuitively Bayesian

That seems like a good suggestion, with a balanced game effect. Make a mod!