Post a pic of your university

Kyriakos

Creator
Of a university you studied in. Any one in case of there being more (eg other for BA and MA etc, or moving from one to another).

This is the University of Essex, i was found in those alleys from late 1998 to 2002 (took a year off as well...) :

It is quite isolated, given that the only nearby town is Colchester, and a village which happens to also have a train station. The place is roughly 40 min away from central London by train. The region is NE of London.

Brutalist bleakness is offset by grass everywhere, and hundreds of white bunnies munching on it.

University of Constance, not exactly a marvel of architecture, either.

But the view from up there is splendid:

And on the other side...

UVa's grounds are so renowned that it would surely be unnecessary to post a picture

Brutalist bleakness is offset by grass everywhere, and hundreds of white bunnies munching on it.

That's kind of neat. Here in southern Ontario, I've never seen anything but the same shade of light brown in wild rabbits (and there are TONS of them).

Spoiler :

main building of the engineering faculty at the Catholic University of Leuven

Spoiler :

main university library at the Ladeuze square in the city center

Quadrange

Aerial view, looking west towards the Atlantic, the university is in the center of the picture

Rhodes College is the prettiest damn school in America:

Not even gonna resize or spoiler that image. Y'all need to see it.

Is that where they filmed the young Jed scenes of the West Wing? It looks familiar.

This is the building I spend most of my time in. It's purple:
Spoiler :

This is the main atrium inside. The green and purple colour scheme predominates:
Spoiler :

This is probably the most iconic view from the uni. The library is very 60s:
Spoiler :

This was the building I spent most of my time in at LMU in Munich. It was the Radio Free Europe HQ. Inside it has the warmth and character of a hospital:
Spoiler :

This is the main building at LMU, bisected by the main road in Munich:
Spoiler :

Behold, the university that is most likely to steal 4 to 8 years of my life!

It's not that old, at that; merely from 1963, which is why it looks like they let a bunch of crazy Soviets to design it.

Malmö Uni:
Spoiler :

Göteborg Tech.University:

Göteborg University, Human Science..?:

Västerås Uni:

There's one more I guess, but I'm still in the lead for most attended I think :D

Copenhagen University's main building, placed in central Copenhagen.

The Amager campus, where humanities are studied... This is one of the buildings, Building 16, where musicology is studied. The "balcony rooms" (not sure what to call them) is in fact a tiny concert hall for perfomances and practice.

They have pools everywhere in between the structures. Friday night parties get particularly more excellent with the beauty of "lakes" on campus.

University of New Brunswick

Tilly Hall, where Humanities are studied(except for psychology, they get their own building.)

Here is a picture some of the housing.

The campus is located on a side of a hill. Which can be very :sad:.

University of Iowa.

Here's the main Pentacrest, looking west across the river. Western side is a couple dorms and the large hospital complex, everything else is near the Pentacrest.

Here's an okay photo looking east across the river. You can see some northern parts of the campus, and a little bit of the town/eastern halls. Couldn't find a good image of downtown and southern parts of the campus, which would be just off the right side of the image.

Here's the Pentacrest and the Old Capital Building on the ground. I spend most my life in the two buildings that flank it. I think it's quaint and pretty, like most of Iowa City.

Bonus pic of what it looks like every other summer

USC. I think it's okay.

It's compact and navigable with a degree of architectural diversity. However, some of the buildings are mawkish. A lot of movies were filmed here.

Top Bottom