Post-Apoc:Prenes

What Holocaust do you want?

• Nuclear-Fallout cliche eh?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disease, Plague, Virus- More intact ruins?

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Flood-Waterworld WOO! but not bad....

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Economic Collapse- People still around plus industry....not really apocalypse

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Other-state in post

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Vylinius

College Student
I know Thomas beat me to it. After attempting to start a NES with another map. I took a break to think on starting a NES, and so I started playing a fallout mod for Hearts of Iron 2 to take my mind off it, and maybe have some fantastic idea hit me. It crashed. So I sat there thinking of how I could continue or start something similar to it. Suddenly it hit me. I could make a NES! Then I come on and see Thomas is starting one so initially I thought of joining that till I found out it was limited to the British Isles. Then I decided to do something rather shameful and start my own post-apocalypse NES. Mine will have less number crunching and more simplicity to it similar to how I was planning on running the other NES I thought of starting. Anyways the map in use will be Google Earth so if you don't have it or if it doesn't work for mac users (I don't know. I don't have a mac.). Then I'll post maps for your areas, but I encourage others once the NES starts to send their own maps of whatever quality so I don't mix up their orders. Anyways, the reason for this thread is to see if it is alright with Thomas if I do this and if there is any interest in a North American based post-apocalypse NES. So you can all start posting now and please don't tear me a part. :(

Yeah I saw that you had one going, but since its limited to the British Isles. I don't know I just wanted to do one in North America so you don't mind me doing that do you? I am not going to use the same rules its going to be more free form exact rules depending on what happens in this thread, and what people seem interested in doing.

Oh damn. Well I didn't plan on doing a complete fallout world either. Mainly since well.....I am not a buff when it comes to its canon, and I couldn't use google earth in the way I plan to since Fallout world is quite different from ours and set century almost two after its holocaust.

Sweet and I hope EQ doesn't mind then :S. I am not sure what holocaust I plan on using anyways I might make this thread a poll so people can vote.
Edit:poll added.

Reversed polarity.

Reverse polarity is opposite to normal polarity. opposite!

Reversing the polarity would definitely cause an apocalypse.

Reversing the polarity might work for the Doctor.

not sure exactly how it would work...
probably break electronics yeah...

It happens naturally (like every 12,000 or 120,000 years or something) Dunno what the consequences would be though......

Well, I know about the natural reverse of the poles but, that wouldn't cause the kind of cataclysm I'm looking for while somehow reversing the polarities of every electronic circuit would basically shut down all electronics, but I ask how would that happen? Or at least those are the effects to my understanding. I'm a normal guy not an electrician!

Seon wrote something in chat but i am not sure i can repeat it accurately. But he explained how reversing earth's poles could wreck things effectively.

If we have a tie say three days from now. I'll give a final 24 hour warning. Then I'll vote if we still have tie. After the polling is over I'll set about making rules and such things like using google earth to post images of off limit zones if we end up with water world or nuclear holocaust. If we have water world scenario I'll need help with designating which areas of the world would be flooded and stuff like that since I don't really know how much the world would flood and where....if the polar ice melted.
Edit: Also when I said North America based that might be expanded later depending how far we get which would entail allowing new players in. Also if people drop out I will split their nations into npcs and if people are waiting to join they could take control or make some of the factions. Also the Caribbean will be included from the start except for the Lesser Antilles. Also everything in Central America till Costa Rica.

Top Bottom