Post Apocalyptic Mayhem Brainstorming

Duke Blackstone

John Marchman
You think back to the year 2020, which only seems moments ago. You were visiting your cousin, who worked at Marchlo Systems, a cutting edge biological firm. They were celebrating the completion of the first stasis chamber built in the United States. Incredibly costly and highly experimental, the machine had the potential to eliminate spoiled goods, possibly turning Earth into a virtual utopia.

You had gazed through the glass from the inside of the enormous cube, capable holding countless tons of meat, cheese, or other perishable goods for an infinite amount of time.. Sheltered inside of the old NORAD fortress in Colorado, the stasis chamber almost filled the mountain. Beside you, the rest of your tour group had gawked at the colossal machinery powering the cube.

You saw your cousin in a white lab coat, talking to a reporter just outside the entry, with the control console as backdrop. A line that passed several hundred feet in length stood queued not 10 feet behind them. You had headed to her, moving toward the flimsy looking glass door of the stasis chamber.

As you reached the door, a man in the back of the line dropped to the ground. An instant later, the two sisters in front of him collapsed. 3 people, then 5, then 12 dropped. The only thing you could liken it to was a set of dominos, headed toward you. It was just a reaction. You shut the door. Your cousin had turned from the reporter to see you. As the glass door closed, she turned her head back and saw the line. You remember her stepping backwards, and bumping against the console, turning her head, and pushing the big, round button in the center of the main panel. A soft humming began as she fell to the floor, slower and slower and slower... It all went dark.

Now you stand outside the stasis chamber that is filled rusted machines, stareing at a latex lab coat that lies in a pile of dust. Your tour group stands in shock, still inside the cube behind you.

----------------------------------------------------------

This is the setting for a possible new game, which will take place a few years later. You are, as far as you know, the only humans alive on earth. You have no idea how long it has been, but nothing from civilization is left except a few artifacts.

My question to everyone is this. If you were suddenly transported to say, 4000 B.C., what would you know how to do to help the group survive? Im just trying to get a tech level that we should be at.

Example: I could build a fire, make a charcoal furnace out of scrap metal, forge a few dull tools, make paper, write and do calculus, and teach basic humanities and government. I say that, but im a senior in highschool so it would be reaaaly sketchy teaching.

Saved

Well, besides the obvious answer of turning it into a Mafia setting… what exactly do you have in mind? Is it turn-based? Is it an RPG? Vs. or co-op?

Also phirst! :w00t:

What was the rebel game? I forum searched it but couldnt find it. And im looking for ideas. Something like a cross between survivor, roll to dodge, the academy games, and who knows that else.. So, you tell me. What do you want to play?

Wow... Sorry. I was totally out of it yesterday. And yea, something like that. Ill read through it tonight and get an idea how it was played

Man wish I was around to play that game. This looks interisting I'll definately be in.

Ohh... I like it. Rules will be a little different though. I would love to have someone else help run it, that way it can be larger. Im not a great writer and dont have much time on my hands.

Nope, and i still haven't seen it. Need to get that fixed, asap. Just a hint, the world is going to be a lot more primitive than you might expect. The game will start mid november, provided we dont make playoffs. Sometime this week ill post the rules, character sheets, exc...

Any requests on what to put in?

Everyone the game is accepting Sign-Ups, look at Duke Knockout's sig.

Top Bottom