1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Apocalyptica Signup

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Duke Blackstone, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Duke Blackstone

Duke Blackstone John Marchman

WELCOME

TO POST-APOCALYPTIC MAYHAM!
    a survival game

THE SETTING
    You are included in a group of people who are members of the 21st century "Civ Fanatics Forums". By accident you have survived a biological attack, having been shut in an experimental "stasis chamber" in North-Western Colorado. It has failed, after an unknown amount of time.

HOW DO YOU WIN?
    Who knows?. This game will incorporate things from "Roll to Dodge", "the Rebel Game", and the "Academy Game". The last one standing will be crowned the winner. But do you survive by becoming a hermit, or conquering the world? Will you work as a team, or split into waring factions? Its up to you.

RULES
    Not many.
    Playing phases go for 48 hours, with a 24 hour break in between. Day and night will last as long as it takes me to post and reply. I will start the "day phase" by giving you a situation. Then you choose actions among yourselves, highlighting them in bold. I will give you the results of your actions and the way any NPC's respond to them as quickly as i can, in a color you will pick in character creation. You can PM actions to me as well. There will be a summary writeup at the end of every day session, giving you a quick look at what everyone else has been doing.

CHARACTER CREATION

List your:
    Name:
    Weight:
    Profession:
    3 Notable Hobbies or Skills:
    Your Favorite Color (no two can match):
    A Brief History:

Be warned. I may randomly give health problems or skills to you, depending on how awesome or pathetic your character is.

Discussion @ This Thread

This game is expected to start the first week in November.

2. Duke Blackstone

Characters:

{}Zeke Jacobs, a young Computer Technician and an excellent swordsman.

{}Terrance Hassulhoff, a 16 year-old Professional Hacker. Quite the surviver.

{} Tzugyzstyli Ityuopiklamnvyt, an impressively tall, holy, and skinny assassin. Possibly a victim of schizophrenia.

{}Blake Dugmore, a Geneticist from the future.

{}Nigel Crocker, a wide receiver for the Redskins.. Or a reliever for the Rangers. He cant quite remember, although he knows he was born on earth. Some NFL scouts disagree.

{}Aiken Lacos Drumn, a 21st century "cowboy jackass". According to the Ladies, he is quite the player.

{}Mary Buttsbanger, a housewife. Cooks, cleans, and makes pipe bombs. What more could you want in a woman?

{}Rob Bowler, your typical High school basketball star. A biology major and another fencing pro.

3. Darth Caesar

Darth Caesar Might be a Wizard

Name: Zeke Jacobs
    Height: 6' 0"
    Weight: 140
    Profession: Computer Technician.
    3 Notable Hobbies or Skills: Fencing skills, Martial Art skills, Computer Skills.
    Your Favorite Color (no two can match): Dark Green
    A Brief History: A computer prodigy and claimed by many to be a genius graduating from college at the age of 17 he went on to work on the stasis research project, in addition to computers he is well versed in Martial Arts and Fencing.

4. Terrance888

Terrance888 Discord Reigns

List your:
    Name: Terrance Hassulhoff
    Height: 5'8
    Weight: 127 lb
    Profession: Hacker and Indie game designer
    3 Notable Hobbies or Skills: Hacking, Program Design, and Airsoft (only sport he 'plays')
    Your Favorite Color (no two can match): Light green
    A Brief History: Young man from the technological rebirth of the south. Well known hacker and indie game designer under the Facebook alias of "Grunnrfun" and the youngest subcontractee of the Black Dragon company. (oooo aaaa) Kidnapped and brought to Colorado before the **** hit the fan.

5. west india man

west india man Immortal

Name: Tzugyzstyli Ityuopiklamnvyt
    Height: 7'10
    Weight: 182 lb
    Profession: Assassin/Nomad
    3 Notable Hobbies or Skills: Obsessively sharping knives, Javelin throwing, Stabbing everyone
    Your Favorite Color (no two can match): Black
    A Brief History: Born in a desert Kyrgyzstan to refugee Mayan parents, and abandoned at a young age when they were unable to feed him. TI has subsequently been raised as an assassin disguised as an average nomad, constantly making incursions into other countries to kill targets (usually infidels). He got assinged a mission to plant bombs on the Golden Gate bridge, but his plane from Tehran to San Francisco crashed in Colorado. He survived along with six others, which he gradually (secretly) killed, and threw the bodies off geological features. He has had a revelation from Allah himself recently, telling him to not kill the innocent, even if they were infidels.

6. mgsmuhammad

mgsmuhammad Resident Stalker

Name: Blake Dugmore
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 165lb
    Profession: Geneticist
    3 Notable Hobbies or Skills: Subtly injecting others with unmarked syringes, assisting clown-led pranks and being beaten to within an inch of death by Security for the previous two.
    Your Favorite Color (no two can match): Fabulous pink
    A Brief History: Originally a geneticist on board a deep-space space station, Blake was never the most popular crewmember with security, often being thrown into the brig for his antics (particularly ones involving the theft of their beloved Space Segways).
    However the final straw proved to be when, having been told to create a clone of the Captain from his still-warm corpse, he did so.
    Unfortunately, in the process, he inadvertantly turned the Captain into a small Chimp, which was quickly taken by the Chef (who was unaware of the primate's captainly status) and turned into Spaghetti and Monkey Balls.
    The Chef, of course, was beaten to death by Security with their stun-batons set to "off".
    However, they had a worse fate in mind for Blake.
    He was to be thrown into the Singularity, the contained black hole which acted as the station's engine and gravity generator.
    This should have torn him asunder, before adding the gooey remains to its form, but fate had other plans.
    Just as he hit the event horizon, there was a fluctuation within the Singularity generator, changing it's properties significantly.
    The next thing he knew, he was in a stasis chamber in Colorado during the 21st century, a foot or so in the air above one of the past's inhabitants.
    Gravity made it's place felt, and he landed on the man's neck with a sickening crunch, killing the poor past-dweller instantly.
    The other people within the chamber didn't seem to notice (or, alternatively, care), and so Blake is trying his best to settle into his new earth-bound life in this technological backwater.

7. Darth Caesar

Darth Caesar Might be a Wizard

When will this start? And if your having trouble getting sign-ups remember Mass PMing does wonders.

8. mgsmuhammad

I believe he said it was expected to start in the first week of November. ;)

9. Zack

Zack 99% hot gas

Name: Nigel Crocker
    Height: 6'5"
    Weight: 225 lb
    Profession: NFL wide receiver
    3 Notable Hobbies or Skills: Handling balls Incredible quickness, ladies man, unbelievably strong and muscular
    Your Favorite Color (no two can match): Dark Red
    A Brief History: Born on Earth. Human.

10. west india man

west india man Immortal

I say Alzheimers for him. :mischief:

11. mgsmuhammad

No, not Alzheimers...

Although all that time "handling balls" can be dangerous...

Especially without adequate protection..

12. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

List your:
    Name: Aiken Lacos Drumn
    Height: 6'2
    Weight: 12 stone
    Profession: Bar fly
    3 Notable Hobbies or Skills: Cards, telling jokes, winning fights
    Your Favorite Color (no two can match): PURPLE
    A Brief History: Aiken wins bets, he wins fights, he generally lives in bars or gets thrown out of them. A 21st century cowboy jack ass...

13. Duke Blackstone

Concussions will do that to you. Terrible, terrible thing.

14. Duke Blackstone

Correct. This will be enough people for a good start anyway :)

15. Mad Man

Mad Man Your lord and master

Name:Mary Buttsbanger
    Height:5'9
    Weight:135
    Profession:House Wife, Domestic Terrorist
    3 Notable Hobbies or Skills:Cooking, Cleaning, Building Pipe bombs
    Your Favorite Color:Blue
    A Brief History:Mary Buttsbanger is the wife of Tony Buttsbanger and the mother of four kids (who cares what there names are), from the outside looking in she seemed perfectly normal. However deep below the surface lies a woman frustrated by all the violence and hardcore nudity on public television, she started to amass a large stockpile of guns and homemade explosives to fight back against the entertainment industry.

16. bestrfcplayer

bestrfcplayer Steppin' up!

List your:
    Name: Rob Bowler
    Height: 6'5
    Weight: 156
    Profession: None (Highschool Basketball Star)
    3 Notable Hobbies or Skills: Basketball, Biology, and fencing
    Your Favorite Color (no two can match): This color.
    A Brief History: Considered "the next LeBron James," he is a basketball prodegy. He is also very skilled in fencing and has a liking for biology. Before the apocalypise, he was the most popular freshmen in highshcool, and on late nights, or at parties, he would drink, a lot. Now that all of his friends, and his normal life gone, he will have to make do with the world he lives in now.......

17. GhostWriter16

GhostWriter16 Deity

Can I say in and make my guy tomorrow?

18. Duke Blackstone

Definitely. Good to have you back Domination.

19. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Name:Sion
    Height: 5' something inches
    Weight: > 100 pounds
    Profession: Magician/escape artists
    3 Notable Hobbies or Skills: Escaping. Perception. Surprising people with surprising act of surprises.
    Your Favorite Color (no two can match): Music (What is the color of music, I wonder :p).
    A Brief History: Not born on earth, but rather, from the 9th planet from the sun, from which he escaped from in order to not freeze to death. That was at least a thousand years ago, so he didn't really bother counting how old he was.

20. mgsmuhammad

How surprising! ;)