1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Post Feb 1st 2013 - bugs - Single Player

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Please report all single player bugs and crashes from the 1st of Feb 2013 (release of v279 = SVN 4681)

To assist us in fixing the problem please include the following in your report:-
    The version of c2C you are playing. this would be "the download version" or the "SVN version xxxx". (Note: SVN is the beta version fr more information on how to use the SVN version see here.

If the bug involved a repeatable "Crash to Desktop" (CTD) or similar please include
    • a save and description of how to reproduce the crash
    • MiniDump.dmp file.
    The MiniDump is found in your Beyond the Sword folder that contains the Mods file containing caveman2Cosmos.

If the bug includes error messages then the Python.Err file in the logs folder would be useful also. It can be found in the same location as the the Saves folder containing your save games.

A screen shot.

basically as much information as you can that will help us find the problem.​

Read the FAQ it also tells you how to turn on logging.

2. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

A carry over from v27:

Workers for some AI (Civs) are not working at all?(At least this ONE civ)? No real need for military build-up no one is even close to them.

SVN 4696, NO viewports.
    (Logs Large File)
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/22899620/Logs.7z

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

I have noticed the same thing with my vassals. I had 3 cities on an island with only one plot not controlled by the cities. I gave them their independence and some workers. They kept asking for horses even thought there was an unimproved horse resource next to one of the cities.

4. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Looks like an interesting case - will examine later today

5. Lexotan_sedlex

Lexotan_sedlex Chieftain

Hello,

The pink crystal resource are to big, in my opnion need a 50% reduction in size.

Other question its about the need of desert to build carthage culture. I think its wrong, because the Cartago are a civilization droped to sea not to land.

Other stuff its the lack of images to resources manufactured, only the small icon equal to all.

6. strategyonly

In my savedgame also, i have notice this before also, but am just remembering, that Explorers/Trackers/Chasers/Scouts etc are not doing their job.
    Before you'd run into all kinds of trackers/scouts, now hardly any?? Which is why there is an abundance of Tribal Villages left WIDE open?? (Before i was lucky to get 2 in the entire game i played.

I tested that savegame above and my 2 trackers REMAINED in the same area for over 50 turns. . .:sad: (see attached)

[offtopic] Just wondering in the options i have how does the Hitties come to BE? I know i have on rev, but NO revolt has happened??

ALL of the AI are actually doing NOTHING that much anymore??? Not even the Barbarians are being populated and running around???
    All they seem interested in is keeping more cities and building nothing too tough though?? (I hope i explained this OK)

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

If someone would make 16x16 icons for them in tga format I would be happy to add them to the game.

8. Lexotan_sedlex

Lexotan_sedlex Chieftain

Please, can you pm me a list of all resources without icon, i can make this.

9. Lexotan_sedlex

Lexotan_sedlex Chieftain

I have a report to, my hunters dont attack a animal if have more then one in the same plot. Even if the plot have only two animals i must cancel the automation and manually attack them.

10. strategyonly

Do you have a savedgame avail, and what SVN, viewpoint, or he such you are doing? or using? thx. I know mine isn't the only game like i mentioned, they have been that way now for months. (Well ever since Koshling went doing stuff in RL, back in Nov or Dec i believe . . .

11. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Post me a save game that has a tracker (or whatever) in it doing nothing (or staying in one area) in the save and I'll examine it.

12. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

This was a good catch - it's a bug that's been there for well over a year. The worker in the city you mention was doing nothing because it was too scared to move! The AI thought the surrounding area was very dangerous due to a high danger count. The danger count gets increased whenever something bad happens nearby, and decays over time. In this context 'something bad' means seeing enemy unit, having an improvement pillaged, or losing a unit.

The bug was that the 'losing a unit' case applied whenever a unit died, for any reason. In particular it turns out slaughtering a subdued animal was counting! The result is that AIs subdue animals, they appear in their cities, and get slaughtered (or are used to build something which has the same effect). Because of the bug the area around the city is perceived as more dangerous, and because subdued animals ALWAYS get 'killed' in cities the result was a perpetual smog of perceived danger around the cities, which prevented the workers moving out!

I'm testing a fix that exempts the following cases of unit 'death' from this treatment:
    • Use in an outcome mission (like slaughter)
    • Use to construct a building
    • Disbanding
    • Upgrading

Should be pushed later today all being well.

13. strategyonly

Really WOW killing your own so called "subject" is a danger :mischief: I guess in all actuality it makes sense, but gameplay wise not a very good decision to have:sad:

14. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

I hope other player's units dieing don't count, such as spies getting caught. While I am converting the trade caravans to Outcome/Missions the food caravans and merchant ships don't use Outcome/Missions. The latter use the Great Merchant mission. Should I assume you have taken into consideration those and other GP actions?

15. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Yes, GP missions should be fine. Other players' units dying DO count, but towards the danger level for that other player, not towards anyone else's - there is no cross-contamination between the danger levels for different players

16. JJOne

JJOne Chieftain

Two small things with V28:
    - Modern frigate is an upgrade for destroyer, but doesn't have "Ignore terrain movement cost" as practically all other modern era naval units. It is also listed as "diesel ship" but requires oil products or uranium.
    - National medical database is a new national wonder which provides -100 disease in the town it is built. Only for the name's sake, maybe it should provide a smaller disease reduction in all cities? Or change the name to "national medical center" and leave the bonus as it is?

And one suggestion: the city interface needs an option for sorting after polution benefits.
    Otherwise the new version looks great (although in my current game I lost 50000 gold per turn after the recalculation, and my cities are way too healthy with the new bonuses from hospital or doctor's office :) ).

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Nice catch Koshling! I can see how easily that kind of thing would've been inadvertently setup that way. And it takes some skill to find the problem for sure!

18. Flinx

Flinx Chieftain

Latest SVN (Build 4702)
    The trigger for improvement upgrade resists to work.
    As you see on the screenshots, the time for the upgrade remains 25 turns for the seed camp to become a farm. And it's been several turns since i researched agriculture

19. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Chieftain

Are you using the plot?

I figure there is a bug with the moved Raft Building Technology, or more specifically the Raft itself.
    The Raft requires Bamboo, Wood, or Prime Timber to be built but all of those come far later in the Tech Tree (17 techs later if going straight for Raft Building). I would think it would be enough to have Forest or Jungle in City Vicinity to be able to build a Raft, otherwise the move back in the Tech Tree just does absolutely nothing.

Cheers

20. Flinx

Flinx Chieftain

Of course i do.
    Otherwise the text would be "city must work to become <insert improvement upgrade>".

Edit: forgot the save in my previous post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.