1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Post here if you don't know with whom you will be playing your next game.

Discussion in 'Chess' started by Myzenium, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Myzenium

Myzenium Regent

I have noticed several threads here with subject lines reading like this:

"Who wants a match?" or "Game, anyone?" or "I challenge you, if you dare!" or "Play me (I'm a newbie to chess, so newbies only, please.)"

These lines are fine in a chat room, but are somewhat unwieldly in a forum. I often find myself ignoring the subjects and reading the "Thread Starter" or "Last Poster" fields when I want to know who's playing. Let's take back the relevance of our topic lines in this forum.

If you want to start a new game, but you don't know who your opponent will be, make a post in this topic asking for a game. When someone replies asking to play with you, and you agree, create a new thread with his username and your own as the subject.

It doesn't matter what the order of your names is, but please at least spell your names correctly. Everyone will be reading that topic header, so a misspelling could prove embarrassing. ;)

One more thing: Don't let duplicate threads be created for that game. Let the player who has the White pieces start the thread to prevent any confusion. It would be awful for our Admin to frequently delete the second threads made unknowingly for our games.

Disclaimer: The Admin is free to amend the rules of this thread and delete posts. :cool:

2. Smash

Smash Super Lurker Retired Moderator

Its a nice idea Myz but things are dying for the royal game round here.

If you really need to get your wood pushing fix,I suggest joining RedHotPawn and/or Stan's Netchess.Both are free and seem to have a good bunch of folks/players.

3. Achinz

Achinz Hermit of Huangshan

Quick question, "why is the royal game dying here?".

Saturation and staleness setting in as in pure Civ2 circles?

Or does this reflect the state of the game at large?

4. amadeus219

amadeus219 Chieftain

Ok. This is a good idea. I guess I'm an intermediate player. Is anyone up for a game?

5. Micaelis Rex

Micaelis Rex Prince

I'm up for a game. Anyone care to play with me?

6. Myzenium

Myzenium Regent

Okay, Micaelis Rex, we will play a game. I recently finished a tough one with spy, who is a self-confessed IM. You get the White pieces. Start the thread when you're ready.