Post Patch AI

Jelster

Prince
Having a Mac, I've only recently had the patch. I've played 2 games since, and in the 2nd I shared a continent with Nebby & Ghandi, both of who were quite aggressive. Ghandi actually crossed a lovely river spot just to found a city on my borders; Nebby did something similar.

Is this typical of the latest AI update ? I ask, as both of them were reasonably "polite" before.

Aggressive settling and not liking you when you settle is typical. Settle to close to any AI early on and 20 turns later, or less, you will be war decced.

If you spot a decent hill river tile with lotsa wheat and luxes that's bordering several civs, settle it ASAP and rename it Gotham City

I got the impression that the AI was trying to "block" me, and keep me hemmed in to the north of the continent.

What amazed me was that Ghandi actually went straight past an excellent location, hill spot on a river with two wheat tiles and gems all within two tiles, and then dropped a city right on my borders.

His plan backfired as I already had a settler in motion, so I dropped in just the other side of him and purchased the tiles to connect back to my main land.

Other than wanted to wind me up, I can't see any point of him settling where he did. Nebby then came along and settled a City to my East, stopping me from reaching the coast.

Top Bottom