Post-patch Civ: BE Succession Game

NewEarthRelic

Chieftain
Now that the patch is out, I want to see how Beyond Earth has changed and improved. While single player is fun, now's a great time to kick off a game in this subforum.

I'm looking for 4 others to join in a succession game, preferably using a sponsor that was modified by the patch. The rules for Civ 5 are here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=456545

We would need to think about modifying the Civ5 rules because of how many more choices that BE presents - quests, building quests, affinity, and starting conditions all will have an impact on how the rest of the game goes.

If you are interested, please reply in the thread. The first 4 to reply will be added to the game, and any interested people will be alternates in the order that they post.

1) NewEarthRelic
2) Bob Morane
3) dacole
4)
5)

Well, i would be interested. I was never fast enough to get selected in a Civ5 Succession Game.

I'd love to do this and can mention it in the polycast once we get it going and what we learn. Also anyone doing a democracy game? That could be interesting.

Glad to have both of you aboard. Any thoughts on which sponsor you want to try?

I'd love to do this and can mention it in the polycast once we get it going and what we learn. Also anyone doing a democracy game? That could be interesting.

A democracy game is one where we vote on major choices?

Sponsors we have :
  • ARC - Fielding (not changed in patch) : Spies 25% faster and cause 25% more intrigue. Never tested her but it would probably require a very specific gameplay to get something out of her unique. Maybe better to choose a leader that's more generally useful.
  • PAC - Soshua (not changed in patch) : Workers 25% faster and +10% production for wonders. Now i've played with her in the past and i like the fast workers. With the prosperity virtue and some quests you can really cut the time it takes to build improvements. Not only does it mean faster early farms and mines, but also faster Biowells/Academies later.
  • PAU - Barre (Changed) : +10% Growth when Healthy, all cities start with an Old Earth Relic (was +10% Growth when Healthy). I have my first post patch game with him. Free OER is really Pan African Union's ability now, with a small growth boost as an added bonus. Add Artists colonists and you get lots of early culture.
  • Khavitan Protectorate - Khavita (not changed in patch) : Outposts and cities acquire tiles twice as fast. I played my very first BE game with her and ever since i keep thinking my borders don't expand at the rate they should :rolleyes: That does not seem like a huge bonus but that's one i miss every game.
  • Polystralia - Hutama (Changed, sort of) : 2 more trade routes at the capital. While his ability did not change, TR did. Cities are now limited to 2 rather than 3 so his 2 more TRs make more a difference but TR aren't as powerful. Probably still a strong ability.
  • Slavic Fed - Kozlov (Changed) : Orbital units last 50% longer, +50% Petroleum resource (was Orbital units last 20% longer and first launch grants free technology). meh, no more free tech, longer lasting sats is as useless as before and might even be annoying for those sats that do their job over time (Miasmic Repulsors, ressources from Weather Controller and orbital fabricators). 50% more petroleum for more sats, mmhh maybe with reduced TRs sats will be more useful :confused:
  • Brasilia - Rejinaldo (Changed) : Melee units +10% Strength, all units +5 Heal when fortified (was +10% Melee combat strength). Like ARC would probably require specific gameplay to get a real benefit (very aggressive).
  • Franco-Iberia - Elodie (Changed) : provides 1 free Virtue for every 10 Virtues earned normally through Culture (was 1 free Tech for every 10 Virtues earned in any way). Slightly nerfed but not changed much. We can expect two free techs with her from my tests but second will come rather late unless we can focus on culture a lot.

ARC and Polystralia both changed indirectly with the balance fixes. Their ability is now more relevant.

I was leaning towards trying Polystralia to see how trade routes changing affected them or PAU to see how much better they are.

Slavic Fed went from one-and-change-trick pony to no-and-change-trick pony. Elodie went from slow and bomby to slow and sorta-bomby (maybe?). I wouldn't mind trying her to see how she does.

Brasilia is better, but I'm not sure how much better they are, as healing is usually more important post-battle. They would be a good way to see how all of the A4 units changing makes combat. I can't do the A4 military autowin any more, which is nice.

Hey guys,

great idea to do a succesion game!

I'd like to follow the game, but don't have enough time to play, I'm affraid. Do you have an idea how often saves will be exchanged? Every 10 turns? How regularily will you be playing?

Is the offer still open?

Top Bottom