1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Post Patch Crashes (September)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by BuzWeaver, Sep 15, 2019.

1. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver Chieftain

Since the patch if I save a game and then attempt to return to the main menu the game will crash. I'm not experiencing any crashes while playing. Also, I had a saved game that I was finishing pre-patch and when I loaded the game (post-patch) Spies weren't working (bugged), no major issue I was able to finish the game without using them.

I do get a error message to send in a report. I've run a file check, but that didn't seem to resolve the issue. I suppose I could disable all mods and see if perhaps a mod is affecting it.

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

If verifying the integrity of your game files through Steam doesn't fix the issue, disabling mods to see if the same problem occurs in an unmodded game would be the standard next step in the debugging process. You might first check to see if any of your mods has not been updated this week, since the latest patch dropped -- if so, you might try disabling them first.

3. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver Chieftain

I disabled them (MODs) and I'm still getting crashes (when exiting to main menu). Would I need to restart the game after disabling the MODs and check?

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Yes, you would. Disable the mods, start a new game and see if the problem persists with the fresh unmodded game.

5. BuzWeaver

BuzWeaver Chieftain

Disabling all the MODs and starting a new game seems to have done the trick. I'll just play with the standard UI/maps/utilities till the MODs are updated. Thanks for the quick responses.