- Oct 25, 2000
Feel free to post any short tips/tricks you have for CivRev here...
I will start:
I will start:
- Always try to keep some gold around... it will come in handy when you find you really need to rush a few units to defend yourself, or need to rush a wonder.
- In the beginning, try to save up your first 100 gold (ex. from exploration, caravan, barb camps), so you can get a free settler. After I got the free settler, I usually spend the money on roads.
- On the City Screen, clicking the L3 button on PS3 goes directly to the custom worker management.
- When you receive a great people, always choose "Let me think about it.." option first. If it's a great scientist, you can go to your research technology screen to change to the technology that takes longest time to research, then immediately research the tech using the great people.
- You can delete a unit by clicking R3 button on PS3.
- Know well the bonus of the civilization your are playing, and consciously try to take advantage of those bonus as much as you can.
- When attacking a city, move your units to forest tiles or hills whenever possible. Forests give you 50% defensive bonus while attacking from hills gives you 50% attack bonus.
- Avoid attacking across a river, since there is a -50% attack penalty, for most units. Some units such as artillery don't have this penalty.
- Usually it's best to settle your first great scientist and great explorer in cities, than use them up for instant money or tech.
- In diplomacy screen, the discuss current events option can yield some interesting intelligence, such as how many units a city has or which city is building a wonder.