Post some map settings

oynaz

Prince
A have trouble finding some map settings I like.

Pangea is good and balanced, but I like boats.

Archipelago with low sealevels are sometimes good, but I find it is often un-balanced, with some civs starting in much better positions than others.

Big and small is fun, but even more unbalanced.

So, post your favourite map settings.

For good balance, hemispheres with 2 or 4 continents, depending on map size and number of opponents.

Also continents, and choose the number, providing for 3 or 4 civs per continent. (There is still a chance of isolation of 2 civs on some though.)

My personal favorite is fractal, because it is very random.

A have trouble finding some map settings I like.

Pangea is good and balanced, but I like boats.

Archipelago with low sealevels are sometimes good, but I find it is often un-balanced, with some civs starting in much better positions than others.

Big and small is fun, but even more unbalanced.

So, post your favourite map settings.

Balance is overrated.

Yeah, why would you even want a balanced map? It's not like real life is balanced.

Unless you're all Communists.

Shuffle. Even more random then Fractal.

duel terra high water

Always Fractal. You never know what to expect.

Try global highlands and arid climate. It's a fun map. It's not a flat map like the plain highlands script, instead it wraps and produces land masses like fractal. There are tons of hills, and tons of flood plains. And more gold than you've ever seen because of all the desert hills.

You can get cool capitals like this.

What is the appeal of fractal over shuffle? Shuffle is random between pangea, continents, arch., and fractal. That is the one I use

Random leader
Random climate
Random sealevel
Shuffle
Standard Map size
Emperor

My strategy changes depending on the leader and map type. This keeps me guessing and ever game is different.

Top Bottom