1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Posts per page

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by stinkubus, Sep 24, 2017.

1. stinkubus

stinkubus Chieftain

Does this forum software allow me to change the number of posts per page? I've looked everywhere I could think of and haven't found anything.

2. Vincour

Vincour Moderator Moderator

Xenforo does not allow members to choose their own custom posts per page metric.

The devs in general are relatively indignant about the feature request. There are modifications for it but that runs into the issue of discontinued support and making sure the mod is compatible with anything else being run on this Xenforo package. The more popular mod for this feature, for example, hasn't been updated in nearly 3 years.

3. stinkubus

stinkubus Chieftain

Thanks for the quick answer. It's a shame because long threads are so much easier to read at 50 or 100 ppp.

4. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Personally, I always used to use 40 to a page. Anything longer and post fatigue starts to set in.

Olleus and God of Kings like this.
  5. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

While I think its reasonable as is I also think its completely stupid to not be able to change it - and the reason given by the publishers boils down to "we coded it sloppily and cannot be bothered to change that so deal with it". Xenforo while having some decent features does suffer from both complete lack of anything resembling workable documentation and publishers willing to entertain the notion that their customers might be right once in a while, even if they do not agrree with design decisions by the publishers (or their unwillingness to correct sloppy coding).

6. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

40 a page is a good length, especially given that even cellular data plans are becoming inexpensive.